Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,133

2 members and 3,131 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vivarium VE100

Thanks

Re: Vivarium VE100

Mine reads a lot higher too, but I'm using a cheaper thermostat than yours I think. I set it to 95 on the first day, but had to drop it to 90 when i saw the temps reaching 100-102. My enclosure is set up the same way as yours too (I'm assuming you read the sticky here). But the weird thing is, when I test it with my temp gun, its 2 degrees lower than the thermostat. You should invest in a temp gun (I got mine from amazon) to check temps manually to cross reference with your acurite probe. I'm actually not sure where I was going with this post, I think I wanted to just relate with your frustration lol.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ball Python (Lucille Ball) - Super Russo / White Diamond [Born Nov. 2014]

Thanks

Re: Vivarium VE100

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty33 View Post
    So I have a Vivarium VE100 controlling my zoo med UTH. I run an accurate thermometer with the probe mounted to the inside glass of the tank. I run my ve100 set at 82F to keep my glass temp at 90-93F. The problem I'm having is my temps seem to creep at times. It will bump up to about 96F at it's highest point so I'll bump my ve100 down to 81 then maybe have to bump it down again to 80 then my temps will get too low running 87-89F. I go back to about 82 on ve100 and it will be fine for a couple weeks and start creeping up again. Anybody else that runs this thermostat seem like your chasing temps with it constantly?
    I have 3 VE-100's and found them to be pretty good for an on/off thermostat, I use a Herpstat 4 now for simplicity. The VE's were fairly accurate, but what confuses me is how do you have it set to 82 and are getting temps in the 90's, this seems impossible regardless of where the probe is placed. As the others stated I always ran my temp probe between the UTH and the glass not on the glass inside. I was using a dual probe temp gauge on the inside with one probe on the glass under the substrate on the hot side and the other in a similar position on the cool side. I found temps usually varied only a degree or two. Ultimately I took my 75 gallon tank and converted it into a Crested gecko habitat and moved the snakes to tubs which I've never regretted and find sooooo much easier!
    Hope you get it sorted out either way.
    Cheers, Jeff

Thanks
    If you get a new thermostat invest in the VE200 I almost bought the VE100 yesterday but didn't like that it's an on/off one.. The VE200 adjusts the watts and doesn't turn off..
    1.0 Mojave Orange Ghost
    1.0 Lemon Pastel Bumblebee
    1.0 Banana/Coral Glow
    0.1 Super Specter
    0.1 Lesser
    0.1 Fire YB Pewter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12