Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,433

3 members and 3,430 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Animal Plastics?

Looking to purchase a decent enclosure to get my new BP out of the aquarium. I've seen a few people mention the Animal Plastics brand and I'm looking for opinions on them. Compared to other similar enclosures they seem to be competitively priced and are at the top of my list of options so far. Also, if I decide to go with this brand, is the flexwatt option worth it? Is it similar to an UTH and requires a stat? I will already have a stat for the RHP but have no problem purchasing a second if the flexwatt option is deemed worthy. If any of you have any other recommendations I would be grateful for any advise. If this has already been discussed elsewhere I apologize. Thank you!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts
    I only have a rack from them but I really like it. I have never seen anybody complain about their cages or their customer service. They are both top notch.

As for the flexwatt I believe it is worth it. It is a type of under tank heater and yes it needs a tstat. The stuff can really get hot so get a good tstat to pair with it.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KMG For This Useful Post:

Wildwa (09-19-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,375 Times in 513 Posts
    I highly recommend Animal Plastics. I have 6 racks from AP and they're awesome with the customer service to match. AP also makes custom racks, so if you have a idea in mind they can build it :-)

I use the 3 inch belly heat option on all my AP racks and have never had a issue.

Let me know if you have any other questions or would like any pictures of the racks :-)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to WmHrbst For This Useful Post:

Wildwa (09-19-2014)

Thanks
    Thanks for the replies! I have not seen much in the negative column for their products and I'm glad to hear customer service is good, I'm a stickler for that. I would like to eventually do a rack set up, but it was difficult enough to talk my girlfriend to allow ONE snake in the apartment. I'll convince her more are necessary, but it will take a little time

Thanks
    Thanked 2,250 Times in 1,511 Posts
    I have a Monster Cage for my boa, but Animal Plastics is good too. You' need a Tstat for every type of heat source, especially flexwat. It depends on your room/house temps whether you need RHP and flexwatt. I have both in mine because when I purchased it I lived in an old drafty apartment where it snows a lot and I didn't have the heat high enough. Now that I live down south and they have their own room that is set to a certain temp...I only run the flexwatt. They're worth the money if you want the nicer look. I got mine for my boa because it has the locks, all my balls are in racks. But if I only had one ball I'd consider getting one to show him off.
    Last edited by Skittles1101; 09-19-2014 at 12:24 AM.
    2.0 Offspring, 1.1 Normal Ball Python, 1.0 Pastel Ball Python, 0.1 Albino Ball Python, 0.1 Pinstripe Ball Python, 0.1 Banana Ball Python, 1.0 Pied Ball Python, 1.0 Normal Hognose, 0.1 Veiled Chameleon, 0.0.1 G.pulchra, 0.1 P.metallica, 0.1 M.giganteus

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Skittles1101 For This Useful Post:

Wildwa (09-19-2014)

Thanks
    Not only are they more functional but they do look nice as well. I will need a RHP due to the cold winters we have here, and the fact that my apartment has electric baseboard heat that I have to manually control independently. (no stat) Since the flexwatt sounds like a good idea I will likely order my enclosure with it installed and just get a second stat so that I know i'm good. For right now my BP (Burt) may be an only child so to speak, but if someday I'm able to add a second or third, stacking even a few of the T8's for example, would look pretty nice in my opinion. Are the locks to keep the snake in? I guess I always looked at them as more of a security measure, silly me lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,686 Posts

Re: Animal Plastics?

Can't go wrong with AP

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Animal Plastics have great products and great customer service, the only downside is the lead time but if you are prepared and know what you need in advance it is not an issue.

All my hatchling racks (using 6 quarts tubs and v18 tubs) are from them, so are my 32 quarts tubs racks.

Their product is light yet sturdy and easy to assemble.

Flexwatt is different then Radiant heat panel and like any heat source it must be controlled by a UTH.

If you are looking for a cage that uses a radiant heat panel you might want to contact Chris at C-Serpents, his cages are great, great customer service also and great lead time.
    Deborah Stewart

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Wildwa (09-19-2014)

Thanks

I love AP cages. Simple to assemble, easy to maintain and the price is right. I like the T3 for adult balls. You can add a removable divider for $20 and keep 2 sub adults in a single cage.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wildwa View Post
    Are the locks to keep the snake in? I guess I always looked at them as more of a security measure, silly me lol.
    It's both. I've had a snake open the door of an unlocked cage!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast