Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,309

1 members and 3,308 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

got my 1st female bumblebee

I just got my 1st female baby bumblebee last week and was wondering what else to add on to my collections...with the intention to try breeding when they are of age.I was contemplating to get 1 more male and 1 female.Any suggestions on what other morphs will be a great match?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,948 Posts
    If you're planning on breeding down the road, I wouldn't add a male to your collection for at least a year after you've been growing your little females up. Males can be ready to breed within their 1st year, but females won't be until at least their 2nd year.

As for what morphs, there are a TON of options out there. Browse the pictures forum see what you like!

Also,
    Find me on Facebook: E.B. Ball Pythons and Instagram: @EBBallPythons

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Alan For This Useful Post:

thuy (04-26-2015)

Thanks
    There isn't really a right or wrong answer as far as what morph to add goes. Anything you like is going to be a good choice, especially since there aren't a lot of bad combinations you can get from a bumble bee. I wouldn't pair anything with spider, woma, or champagne because of high fatality risks, but otherwise all combinations will come out beautiful. I have a bumblebee and the first male I plan to put to her is my calico pastel, because I particularly like those possible outcomes (come on calico killer bee!) but I'll probably also put her with my cinnapin and maybe something with lesser or mojave in it down the line (only have a lesser bee now and I'd prefer not to take that gamble).

But seriously, anything without a wobble goes well with a bumble bee!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Daigga For This Useful Post:

thuy (04-26-2015)

Thanks

Re: got my 1st female bumblebee

I would love to get a female 1st as well but alas for my country keeping of snakes are not legal hence since an opportunity present itself i will need to grab and take more.

I was thinking of getting an enchi lesser male since they look so cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Alan View Post
    If you're planning on breeding down the road, I wouldn't add a male to your collection for at least a year after you've been growing your little females up. Males can be ready to breed within their 1st year, but females won't be until at least their 2nd year.

As for what morphs, there are a TON of options out there. Browse the pictures forum see what you like!

Also,

Thanks

Should i get this orange ghost male to match my bumblbee female as a future options for breeding in terms of interest and not business sense..???

Or should i get this ivory??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daigga View Post
    There isn't really a right or wrong answer as far as what morph to add goes. Anything you like is going to be a good choice, especially since there aren't a lot of bad combinations you can get from a bumble bee. I wouldn't pair anything with spider, woma, or champagne because of high fatality risks, but otherwise all combinations will come out beautiful. I have a bumblebee and the first male I plan to put to her is my calico pastel, because I particularly like those possible outcomes (come on calico killer bee!) but I'll probably also put her with my cinnapin and maybe something with lesser or mojave in it down the line (only have a lesser bee now and I'd prefer not to take that gamble).

But seriously, anything without a wobble goes well with a bumble bee!
    I don't know about woma but spider x spider is not fatal. Champagne, HGW, and sable bred to spider is fatal or a really messed up snake.
    Ron

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thuy View Post
    I just got my 1st female baby bumblebee last week and was wondering what else to add on to my collections...with the intention to try breeding when they are of age.I was contemplating to get 1 more male and 1 female.Any suggestions on what other morphs will be a great match?
    Really depends on what you like. Do you like dark, light, bright, dull, etc..... Also what other morphs do you like? We can give a lot of options but it all comes down to what you like.
    Ron

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bondo View Post
    Really depends on what you like. Do you like dark, light, bright, dull, etc..... Also what other morphs do you like? We can give a lot of options but it all comes down to what you like.
    I am actually looking at bright colors...looks kinda cool n exotic.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thuy View Post
    Should i get this orange ghost male to match my bumblbee female as a future options for breeding in terms of interest and not business sense..???

Or should i get this ivory??
    I think the Ivory would be a much better choice. Go here and play around with these and other potential match ups.
    http://www.worldofballpythons.com/wizard/