Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,421

2 members and 3,419 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am pissed.

Thanks

I am pissed.

So i rescued another BP. Then before i could get his enclosure in(It was in the back of my mothers cargo van) my nephew decides that he could drive(He less than 10 years old!), and so he tried to take the van, but too short to reach the pedals. So what happens? CRASH. Right into my neighbors backyard. The back doors and bumper got smashed into a tree. He is safe, and no one got hurt, although the van is kind of a wreck. So is the front of my 40 gallon tank(the whole front shattered basically). Thankfully, Orochi(my bp) was in my smaller tank, and still is. In a 10 gallon. Now, he's a bit over 3 ft long, and being in a 10 gallon, four times less than what he's used to. I feel bad and don't know what to do.
    Couldn't I just get some Plexiglas cut, clean the tank up and fix it? Or is my tank ruined?

Thanks

Re: I am pissed.

Have you tried looking for a used tank on kijiji? You can pick them up in my area for about $10, which is probably cheaper than a chunk of plexi and a heck of a lot less work, imo. (Kids can be pretty exciting, huh? Glad everyone's okay, a shame about the damage though!)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PinkPixie For This Useful Post:

NightWolf (07-07-2015),The Golem (07-07-2015)

Thanks
    And if you can't find one used you can just repair the old one, though I think you'll find it a lot of hassle.
    Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Never argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

BPnet Senior Member Rickys_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    whoh - hold up.... your 9 year old nephew crashed the van and we're worried about tanks?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rickys_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

JennyBP (07-07-2015)

BPnet Senior Member TheSnakeEye's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rickys_Reptiles View Post
    whoh - hold up.... your 9 year old nephew crashed the van and we're worried about tanks?
    LOL they're clearly a die-hard herper... All jokes aside, I'm sure the OP took care of everything of the nephews part of the story and is now looking to fix the other end of it.

Idk much about fixing tanks, but I would imagine it's probably easier to just get another one.
    Instagram: @NexusReptiles
    Faunaclassifieds: spujol26
    BLBC: spujol26
    www.facebook.com/TheSnakeEye07

Thanks
    Thanked 9,862 Times in 4,780 Posts
    Instead of fixing the tank go get a plastic tub/latchbox/under bed plastic tub. You can use the UTH and t-stat from the tank for it, and wrap a nylon non-stretchy luggage strap or cargo/camping tie-down around the middle so the snake can't escape by flexing the tub in the middle of the long side.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

Chkadii (07-07-2015),herpin'hippie (07-08-2015),Lizardlicks (07-07-2015),NightWolf (07-07-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    Instead of fixing the tank go get a plastic tub/latchbox/under bed plastic tub. You can use the UTH and t-stat from the tank for it, and wrap a nylon non-stretchy luggage strap or cargo/camping tie-down around the middle so the snake can't escape by flexing the tub in the middle of the long side.
    Going to second this suggestion. Seems to be the best thing you can do on such short notice. Worry about the tank later and just focus on getting the snake into some stable conditions. Glad everyone is okay, though. That's crazy.
    1.0 spider morph ball python
    0.0.1 pied ball python
    1.0 chihuahua
    1.0 pomeranian mix

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenzieBox View Post
    Going to second this suggestion. Seems to be the best thing you can do on such short notice. Worry about the tank later and just focus on getting the snake into some stable conditions. Glad everyone is okay, though. That's crazy.
    and I was just about to third that suggestion! A 41 qt Sterilite tub should be great until you get everything else situated. May not be eye appealing to some but holds heat and humidity well. c:

Wild lil' child- he totally thought he could get away with it, huh?! I am relieved everyone is alright!!

BPnet Senior Member Lizardlicks's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 657 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    Exactly what I was gonna suggest, though I use binder clips instead of luggage straps. Sterilite tub is gonna be pennies compared to a tank, and they tend to heat and retain humidity much better than a tank anyway. Might not look as pretty, but it'll probably be better for the snake in the long run.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lizardlicks For This Useful Post:

NightWolf (07-07-2015)

Thanks
    Thanks everyone! I'll try looking at kijiji, PinkPIxie. If I can't find something I guess i can try fixing it with one of y'all suggestion.
    P.S. My nephew isn't even 9. He is almost 7, and a huge troublemaker, as you can tell.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to NightWolf For This Useful Post:

Rickys_Reptiles (07-08-2015)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast