Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,412

1 members and 3,411 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
    Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    What kind of car?
    Check the heater core under the dash. That is the only heat source in a vehicle other than the sun heating it. Not the greatest heat sorce for a snake either. Normal operating temperature is around 215 degrees.

Thanks

Re: Please help, I lost my snake in my car :(

Quote Originally Posted by PitOnTheProwl View Post
    What kind of car?
    Check the heater core under the dash. That is the only heat source in a vehicle other than the sun heating it. Not the greatest heat sorce for a snake either. Normal operating temperature is around 215 degrees.
    Its a 2012 Mazda 3 sedan. We took out the dash and the AC and looked behind it she wasn't there :/ I have no idea where else she could be.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Anytime I go to a reptile show whether I plan on buying anything or not, I always take along an empty beer cooler with a latching top, it's secure and it's also insulated so it protects against temperature extremes.
    Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 831 Posts
    123 posts on this? Really? Send some of these people back to Facebook where they came from.

Good luck finding your snake, but 4 days later I'm not sure your odds are great at this point.
    Dreamtime Exotics -- Check it out!
    Ball Pythons, Monitors, Saltwater Reef, Fancy Rats, Ferrets

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I have been following this thread, and was wondering if you really searched your trunk well, like under the trunk carpet, in the spare tire and the spare tire well. I know for a fact that by law there must be spaces behind the back seat for air circulation. and small holes in the trunk for the same reason. also look in the rear lights, if there is enough space for you to put your hand to change a bulb there is enough room for a small snake to hide. I am so sorry she was lost, but you might still find her. Don't beat yourself up over it. We all make mistakes, I'm 64 years old and have made plenty, and plan on making a lot more, can't help it, if your alive you make them, When i stop making mistakes it means i'm no longer here.
    so keep searching you never can tell when or where she may pop out.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to blue roses For This Useful Post:

Creepy Alien (12-19-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrLang View Post
    123 posts on this? Really? Send some of these people back to Facebook where they came from.

Good luck finding your snake, but 4 days later I'm not sure your odds are great at this point.

Oh the irony, Mr. Post 124...

123 posts is the tangible evidence of community support in a situation most of us can relate to because we have EMPATHY.

I'm still following your thread and sending my heartfelt wishes that your little girl comes slithering out. All I know is that I'm GRATEFUL not to have the soul-sucking lack of empathy that a couple of people in this thread do. MOST of us are rooting for you and your snake!
    Last edited by Herbie'sMom; 12-19-2014 at 03:31 PM.
    1.0 Normal Ball Python - Herbie (Homage to the late, great Herb Brooks! AKA: Snakiepoo, Sweet Boy, The Hockey Snake, Herbert Paul)
    1.0 Pastel Ball Python - Draco (AKA: Scared-y Snake, Pretty Snake)
    1.0 Normal Ball Python - Tyrion (AKA: Little Boy, Little Noodle)
    1.0 Normal Ball Python - Burnsie
    0.1 Blue Eyed Leucistic Ball Python - Khaleesi (AKA: Mother of Snakes)
    0.1 Pied Ball Python - Zmeya
    1.0 Albino Kenyan Sand Boa - Nagini (AKA: Devil's Spawn, Satan Snake, Evil Little Worm, etc. - but we love him to death!)
    0.1 BCC Red-tailed Boa - Rio
    1.0 Normal Corn Snake - Severus (AKA: Little Rattlesnake, Brat)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Herbie'sMom For This Useful Post:

Shamri (12-21-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Hey Matt, if you noticed, folks here were nice enough by not returning the favor of beating YOU up due to your lack of proofreading and punctuation skills.
    Last edited by Reinz; 12-19-2014 at 04:43 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

ballpythonluvr (12-23-2014),KMG (12-19-2014)

Thanks
    I really hope you find your snake, she looks awesome. A shame That she got loose.

Some people just get off on others miss habs, last I checked no one was perfect. I've lost my snake once and it was scary (and that was for one day), so get over your self

BPnet Senior Member Solarsoldier001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 785 Posts

Glove compartment maybe? It'll look for warmth. I know a friend that lost they're baby snake in the car. And found it in the engine.

Sent from iPhone 6 using tapatalk
    Boys:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pewter - Dexter | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Butters | Super Fire - Mr. Buttons | Mystic - Charming | Banana Enchi Woma - Gizmo |
    Girls:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pinstripe - Honey | Mojave - Maya | Lesser - Pepper | Calico 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Jewel | Normal 100% Het Pied - Hinata | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Aurora | Spider 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Betsy | Blue Eye Leustic 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Snowflake | Spinner Blast - Jasmin | Butterbee - Ariel | Hypo Butter - Penelope |

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mattboyle96 View Post
    id feel "bad" too if I lost my pet, but i am also smarter then the pets I own so these problems dont occur in my house. have had snakes and other reptiles since I was 13, have never lost a pet. I would also take full responsibility on myself for what i did, not try and blame the breeder for not sealing the bag.

Smarter what??? After reading your replies, I seriously doubt that.....
    1. het Pied 1. Albino 1. Lesser 1. Fire 1. OG 1. Pinstripe het VPI Axanthic 1. Mojave Enchi
    1. Bumblebee 1. Black Pastel Kingpin 1. Pastel Tiger
    .1 Pastel .1 Pastel het Pied .1 Calico .1 OG .1 Mojave het Lavender Albino .1 Lithium .1 Caramel Spider .1 Bumblebee .1 Bumblebee het Clown .1 Leopard
    1. Wild Caught Corn 1. Coral Snow Corn .1 Snow Corn .1 Butter Corn .1 Albino Reverse Okeetee Corn ?.? Frilled Dragon .2 Ferrets

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viol8r For This Useful Post:

ballpythonluvr (12-23-2014),Shann (12-23-2014)

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast