Quote Originally Posted by takagari View Post
Spider is a dom*(sorry dom) there has yet to be proven a super form. there for a spider to a normal would give you 25% odds.

Unless there is a super spider I know not of? and my spiders have been playing tricks on me?

Edit:
Actually a Super would give 100% spiders. I dont see how you can get 50%? maybe a spider to a spider would drop those odds. But than I believe the super form of the spiders dont survive
Since the evidence is leaning toward homozygous lethality in spiders, we may assume that the spider mutation is co-dominant after all rather than dominant. But that has nothing to do with spider to normal breedings.

Breeding a spider to a normal will theoretically give you 50% spider and 50% normal. This is because the spider parent has only one spider mutant allele and can donate it or can donate a normal homologous allele. So, all of the offspring will be one of two types: spider or normal--in equal proportions, theoretically. 50/50

Breeding a spider to a spider should give you 1/3 normals to 2/3 spider because we do not expect to see any supers.

Do the punnett squares, and you'll see the distribution.