Quote Originally Posted by ChuckSM View Post
For those asking, what shelves can they use instead or where I can buy these tubs.

You forget this is a do it yourself project, you can adapt it it fit any shelf or tub you want, just change the measurements.
Very true!
If you look at my rack you'll see those shelves with the 3 sub-adult tubs...well I got those at a local Deals dollar-type store. Although they're 6 qt. tubs, they are lower in height (4") than shoebox tubs and have a wider surface (ground) area of 10" x 13.5". Finding a size tub like that was difficult, but when I did find them I bought all they had.

Overall this rack idea was the best inexpensive option out there. I only hope that Lowes continues to sell these shelving units and not decide to change styles unexpectedly. I had found a shelf unit that was almost identical made by Plano which was sold here in the midwest by Menards. They're sturdier and cheaper ($18.95 on sale) units, but the undersides of the shelves, the side that you glue the Eucaboard to each had 3 'ribs' that protruded about 3/4" beyond the lip that you glue to. Sure, you could probably trim it with a saw or tin snips, but that would have been 33 cuts for the tall rack I made, and I was running out of time with babies due to hatch!

If anyone has questions about building this DIY rack, post them here and I'll do my best to help!