Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,257

0 members and 3,257 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,136
Threads: 248,576
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RelentlessPanda
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PAYPAL fees...

Thanks

Re: PAYPAL fees...

Wes, I did NOT know that. If I got an empty box I would flip.
    ]

Thanks

I despise pay pal. As a seller, you should be aware of what their TOS entails. Yes, they CAN freeze YOUR BANKS ASSETS if you are deemed guilty of fraud or any other crap!

Someone pays with a stolen CC, YOUR BANK ACCOUNT IS FROZEN.
    A dirty buyer opens a dispute, YOUR BANK ACCOUNT IS FROZEN, and they get to keep whatever they took! You are out both money and animal.

Paypal is not on your side, they most often side with the buyer in disputes, and no amount of threats, pleas and lawyers will get them to unfreeze your account.

Just be wary.... visit paypalsucks.com.

If you are scammed, your credit card company is who you should go to immediately. Pay pal can award you the case, but if the scammer took out the money already, pay pall will not reimburse you. However, your CC company likely will.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to littleindiangirl For This Useful Post:

Jason Bowden (07-23-2009)

Thanks

Uhh...thanks? So im protected right? Update anyway, I received the tracking number today. Thanks to Wes Im now worried about getting an empty box in the mail. =/
    ]

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pavlovk1025 View Post
    Uhh...thanks? So im protected right? Update anyway, I received the tracking number today. Thanks to Wes Im now worried about getting an empty box in the mail. =/
    Hey, maybe they'll be clever and put a rock in there so it'll have some weight.

I kid you not, I've seen it done.

Chances are you won't have any trouble.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    Hey, maybe they'll be clever and put a rock in there so it'll have some weight.

I kid you not, I've seen it done.

Chances are you won't have any trouble.
    Ive heard of people doing that with electronics. Fortunately for me, the UPS guy waits for me to open the box up when he comes, he likes to see the new morphs I get lol. So if I dont get anything Im not signing and Im returning.
    ]

Thanks

As a seller, I consider it a cost of business, therefore a tax write off at the end of the year. Maybe that guy shouldn't accept paypal payments. I wonder if Geico commercials offend him??? No offense to the cave people! LOL

Thanks

I posted before reading some of the others. Let us know if the snake/rock makes it to you safely.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littleindiangirl View Post
    I despise pay pal. As a seller, you should be aware of what their TOS entails. Yes, they CAN freeze YOUR BANKS ASSETS if you are deemed guilty of fraud or any other crap!

Someone pays with a stolen CC, YOUR BANK ACCOUNT IS FROZEN.
    A dirty buyer opens a dispute, YOUR BANK ACCOUNT IS FROZEN, and they get to keep whatever they took! You are out both money and animal.

Paypal is not on your side, they most often side with the buyer in disputes, and no amount of threats, pleas and lawyers will get them to unfreeze your account.

Just be wary.... visit paypalsucks.com.

If you are scammed, your credit card company is who you should go to immediately. Pay pal can award you the case, but if the scammer took out the money already, pay pall will not reimburse you. However, your CC company likely will.
    True to an extent. I purchase a lot of investment sneakers. I once did a deal with a seller to purchase 10 sneakers for 3500. The seller never sent out the shoes, and withdrew the money out of his account. This was a while ago, since then paypal has made changes to their policy so people couldnt do this anymore. I contacted paypal and paypal said they'd only cover me for the first 2000, which they did. My CC company (BOA) covered the rest... I got all my money back. It took a few months, but i did get the money

BPnet Veteran TheReptileEnthusiast's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by derrabe View Post
    As a small time breeder/hobbyist cc machine seems like an unlikely acquisition. And personal checks and money orders I don't understand as long as you allow time for the checks to clear before releasing the snake.
    Try googling cashiers check scam. Banks "clear" checks in a couple of days and the money will actually show up in your account, but the actual check isn't processed for a couple of weeks and the money can later be deducted. One common scam involves the seller sending a cashiers check for say, $1000 for a $500 item, then telling you the extra is to pay for an expensive courier service(they will say they don't trust UPS/fedex). They give you the address of the "courier" which is usually thier own PO Box/address, and tell you to send $500. Two weeks later your bank tells you it was a bad check and you are out the $500 you sent them. There are many variations of this scam, someone tried to pull it on me, but luckily it smelled funny to me and I did my research.

Thanks

I usually adjust my price to cover some of paypal fees. IE a snake is worth 375 shipped, I ask 380. If I'm still making profit on the sale, then what do I care that I'm losing out on a few dollers?

I've never bought a snake online though, so this is purely a sellers opinion.
    2.1 Pastels - ED, George, Ailia.
    1.0 '08 Poss. Het Albino - Norm
    0.1 Proven Normal - Ragani

On the way IE when I have the money:
    0.1 Albino
    0.1 Spider
    0.1 Mojo

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast