Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,907

1 members and 2,906 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,573
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Sarah promised me one of these next year!

I have a cat that is an F5 Serval ... 2/3 Tabby, 1/3 Serval .. the biggest cuddlebug I've ever seen. Be forwarned, they are HUGE hunters ! Mine actually figured out how to get my lizard cages open and killed one and injured another. Make sure they have plenty of room or an outside cat enclosure.

Good luck with your lynx .... stunning animal.
    Anne
    0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa (Sapphire)
    1.0.0 Ball Python (Twister)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

hmm did some digging and it turns out there is a bobcat/lynx breeder right down the road about 20 miles.
    Ken

1.0 Western Hognose - Khan

Thanks

yea I cant wait to get her. She will be an inside cat for the first few months but we are going to build an outside pen before we get her so she can play and have room to run and everything

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

yeah i might drive down and visit the breeder. my only issue with them is that they encourage declawing, which is something id NEVER do because then i'd be a hypocrite. i'd never subject an animal to that kind of torture.
    Ken

Thanks

I know alot of people do it because they keep there cats in doors full time but I dont feel that a large cat like that should be a 100 full time house cat. I feel it would get bored being inside and would much rather give it an outside enclosure were it could run and climb and everything. I feel if you cant deal with the claws then you shouldnt have one

Thanks

Good luck. I'd love to have an exotic big cat or hybrid some day. But I think anyone who owns one should absolutely have an outdoor, escape proof pen, and an escape proof yard for that matter. I think a lot of people underestimate these wild animals, and I can foresee a lot more local, or even federal bans being written into law once a few more people start owning them, if they aren't careful or don't take the necessary precautions when getting ready to own one.

We all saw how the government reacted when the burm killed that toddler. Exotic cats have a far greater potential to do physical harm or worse, than burms have. Not to mention the whole invasive species topic and the damage a wild population of non-native cats would do to native wildlife. I'm sure a lot of the big cats can thrive in a far greater climate range than burms can.
    What are these mojavas I keep hearing so much about?

J. W. Exotics

Reptile Incubators

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Denial View Post
    I know alot of people do it because they keep there cats in doors full time but I dont feel that a large cat like that should be a 100 full time house cat. I feel it would get bored being inside and would much rather give it an outside enclosure were it could run and climb and everything. I feel if you cant deal with the claws then you shouldnt have one

i totally agree. I'd just not own one before i'd get one and have it declawed.
    Ken

Thanks

Theres actually far greater laws concerning large cats in most states then laws against reptiles. I think you should be able to own whatever you would like as long as you know how to properly care for the animal. The government takes enough of my money every year they should have no say so in what Id like to keep. Regardless what ever happens the government will always be on your back about these animals. There will always be bills and legislations related to exotic animals. Theres just to many morons out there with animals they should not have. I went to a expo one time and saw nile crocs for sale. And Me and my wife were talking about how many normal everyday americans could actually house a full grown nile crocodile and how many of the baby niles in that 10 gallon we thought would actually make it to see adult hood. I believe people should look into what there animal will grow into and should have a proper enclosure built before hand. I will have my lynx and servals cages done before we own either.

Thanks

heh. good luck keeping your sanity with one of those chirping about your house! I used to volunteer at a Canadian animal education center type thing and we had a Canadian lynx. It was the most vocal thing I've ever met, always chattering away. It was cute for the first little while, and then it got pretty old lol
    1.0 Normal - Maynard
    1.0 POG - Victor
    0.1 YB - Diana

0.1 Pastel Boa - Astrid
    1.0 Salmon Boa -

1.1 Leopard Geckos

0.3.2 Inverts

Thanks

beautiful but have fun getting new furniture you will need it when that cat is done sharpening its claws

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12