I posted earlier with a half way finished product of a grid drawing I had been working on in my photo class. It was done a few weeks ago but I finally got around to taking some pictures. Pencil is hard to take pictures of because it catches the light, but here goes:

Her eye has a reflection of me taking the picture. It looks like an elephant but is actually my legs, the camera/strap, and my hands curving around the camera. Taken on my front porch, so the door is to the right. It's kind of a weird combo picture because her pupil and the coloring of her eye are at the top.

I'm not much of an artist so I was very pleased with how the scales at the top came out.

A size reference.

This project was overwhelming at first because you have to draw out the picture first and then shade it. It took about the entire school year, with a few breaks in between. It was an awesome way to get to know my snake I guess, because I could look at her and see the scales that I had been drawing that day. And it was crazy to see their actual size vs. what I was used to in the drawing. Here's the original photo it was based off of.