Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,420

1 members and 2,419 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,573
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 629 Posts

Re: Sweet hybrid hook up

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Portal Reptile View Post
    how im i a moron??? because im doing something i like.... everyone that has reptiles has them because of their love for that type of reptile, know matter what it is... even if thats a hybrid or a normal ball.
    azpythons was calling himself a moron... he was beating other people to it.

Bruce
    Praying for Stinger Bees

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bruce Whitehead For This Useful Post:

azpythons (02-20-2009),Lance Portal Reptile (02-19-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Portal Reptile View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by azpythons View Post
    and i would breed them because...i like them....

wow...simply wow this guys a moron

(there beat you to it!!)
    how im i a moron??? because im doing something i like.... everyone that has reptiles has them because of their love for that type of reptile, know matter what it is... even if thats a hybrid or a normal ball.
    I think you are misunderstanding slightly.

If you read the post he quotes (his own previous post ) he is pre-emptively calling himself a moron for liking hybrids to save those on the other side of the argument the trouble.

We do not like name calling on the boards so if he had been calling you a name we would have taken action - unlike grandpa I wear my underpants outside my trousers for a reason.

**edit**

However it appears my super powers do not include the ability to type with any speed.

**end edit**

dr del
    Last edited by dr del; 02-19-2009 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Bruce beat me to the punch ;-)
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dr del For This Useful Post:

azpythons (02-20-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AaronP View Post
    Actually I have 1 more thing to add.

Want to talk about irresponsible? How about people who sell Poss. Hets without labelling them as such? It's a nice suprise to some, but others with serious projects in mind? That's a wrench in the gears to them.
    At least its the same species, id be far more disappointed to learn my PURE F1 caulker cay female, is actually a Hog/Caulker cross.

Pureblood animals are IMPORTANT to sustain bloodlines, and the species as a whole. Someday, a long time from now.... ball pythons might become near extinct. The Zoos of the world are going to be thankful for the breeders that put time and effort into maintaining pure lines. Caulker cays are even "said" to be extinct on the island they come from, or there are very very few left wild. Do you think i want to see people breeding them with hog island boas!? ( oh wait, someone did! and that really got me angry) No. I want a species that developed on an island, and got all sorts of neat traits and characteristics, to remain that way.

Ball Pythons and Carpets are common sure, but each has its own interesting traits that comes with the species. Something that evolved that way for a reason.
    Alicia Holmes
    www.BerkshireBoids.com
    Enough snakes that i cant count them properly anymore.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mooingtricycle For This Useful Post:

littleindiangirl (02-22-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mooingtricycle View Post
    At least its the same species, id be far more disappointed to learn my PURE F1 caulker cay female, is actually a Hog/Caulker cross.

Pureblood animals are IMPORTANT to sustain bloodlines, and the species as a whole. Someday, a long time from now.... ball pythons might become near extinct. The Zoos of the world are going to be thankful for the breeders that put time and effort into maintaining pure lines. Caulker cays are even "said" to be extinct on the island they come from, or there are very very few left wild. Do you think i want to see people breeding them with hog island boas!? ( oh wait, someone did! and that really got me angry) No. I want a species that developed on an island, and got all sorts of neat traits and characteristics, to remain that way.

Ball Pythons and Carpets are common sure, but each has its own interesting traits that comes with the species. Something that evolved that way for a reason.

Chondro-holic

Quote Originally Posted by DutchHerp View Post
    Yeap, it's official.

David is the official BP.net Morelia-picture-taker-putter-on-the-internet-er!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
    Productive!
    Alicia Holmes
    www.BerkshireBoids.com
    Enough snakes that i cant count them properly anymore.

Thanks

I dont see what is wrong with his answer to Pattycakes question. Just because he is doing something that you dont approve of does not mean he is wrong and you are automatically right. I see his answer as being perfectly fine. If anyone were to ask me why I am into snake I would reply because I like them. Which is the truth. I do. And they give me much enjoyment. There isn't always some great reason for doing something so back off the poor guy. If you dont like hybrids then dont look at the thread. You don't have o some on and make the guy feel bad for sharing something that obviously others are interested in. Now thats that and im done. Can't wait to see the BS I take for this post.
    Chris http://dragcave.net/user/sg1trogdor
    Time for some until I see

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sg1trogdor For This Useful Post:

fattielumpkin (02-19-2009),Lance Portal Reptile (02-19-2009),TJ20 (02-21-2009)

Registered User Lance Portal Reptile's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Whitehead View Post
    azpythons was calling himself a moron... he was beating other people to it.

Bruce
    Oh....my bad, your right

Thanks

for those of you hating on him... think about dogs.. or a mule... most dogs you keep as pets are crosses between other types of dogs... a mule.. a cross between a horse and a donkey... why do it?? because somebody like them... why did you buy your first snake? because you thought it was cool and you liked it... why do you make a new morph? because you think its cool...
    1.0.0 ball python (normal)
    0.1.0 BCI RTB

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to temec For This Useful Post:

azpythons (02-20-2009),_Venom_ (02-22-2009)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Long View Post
    I would love....LOVE to see one person who bought a Poss Het as a normal that was mad about it......
    How would you like to find out that your 3-4 season project that had absolutely nothing to do with albino suddenly popped out albinos? You'd see that as a good thing? As much as I love albinos, that could ruin a project, especially if you had a specific goal in mind.

If you don't agree with the practice don't support it by not investing your time or money into it, but don't give people crap for doing something that isn't wrong. Why do people make Spider Morphs or Caramel Albinos? Because they like them and because they can, thse are 2 ball python morphs that have KNOWN issues. But what do people do? The ones that don't agree simply don't invest their time or money into it, the ones who do support it do and have, this is no different. If you're worried about purity of the blood then stick to breeders/vendors that you know and trust. That goes for ANYTHING not just snakes.

Registered User Lance Portal Reptile's Avatar
    Thanks

Would like to thank everyone for their like or dislike of them, but i did know that i would get crap for this by people that dont like hybrids. I have been dealing with this for years with my hybrid gecko projects, and everytime its like a war between the purest (not trying to stereotype) vs. people that are ok with it. I do feel that it is a VERY touchy subject and with dishonest breeders, they can and might be trying this and not being truthful about what the reptile. Its sad because it gives people like me and business that breed them a bad name. People that know me see why am into them, its not for money or greed or to "mudd up the bloodlines", it because these hybrids have some of the greatest colors, patterns and overall from what i have seen, take the best from both sides and creates something better...Like my crested X chahoua hybrid, better temperment than a chahoua and way more colorful then any crested. lp

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast