What's up all?
I have thrown the thought around in my head of looking into a snake that will grow upwards of ten feet. I'd love an albino burm, or lavender retic, but cannot see myself housing or correctly caring for a 20 foot snake in 6 or 7 years. I've had a kingsnake for 13 years, and have had ball pythons for the past two years. I wouldn't call myself an expert, but I definetly know how to care for my snakes, and realize the commitment an animal of this size (of any size for that matter) deserves.
So I have been looking into different types of pythons, maybe even a bci.
I have seen and held a woma, which are gorgeous and smooth as silk.
I am fascinated by the amazing coloring of a white lip, but hear they are a difficult species to handle (I enjoy holding my snakes often, and without bleeding after I do so).
And I have seen one of the most beautiful snakes I had ever encountered, a 9 foot female carpet python at the NARBC Anaheim show a few months back. But I had some questions about the different kinds (jungle, diamond, etc.).
So, my question to you guys is, who's got snakes of similar sizes. What do you reccommend? Did I leave out any snakes of similar size? What caging requirments does a snake of this size require.
I'd also LOVE to see some pics that may persuade me in my decision.
I greatly appreciate all of your fantastic input.