I'm wondering what the signs are of a ball python going into shed? I just got my python about 5 weeks ago, but he is a year old. He's been doing real well, eating every wednesday with no problems, his temps are between 82-84 on his cold side and right around 92 on his warm side with humidity between 47-52 (I know it should be between 50-60 but the reading is right below the heat lamp I have to keep the cool side warm enough in my apartment), aspen bedding... basically I've spent enough time on this site to have the husbandry down pact (just ask my girlfriend whom I've been driving nuts)

Anyways, he didn't eat for me last night and he's been spending all of his time in his hide whereas he usually comes out around 10:30-11:00 to explore and then when I picked him up today he was real squirmy. I also thought his skin looked a little dull but I'm not sure if I'm just wanting his skin to look dull so that is what I am seeing or what. I always heard their eyes will get a dull look to them when they are going into shed, but it looked like his eyes are normal.

Anyway, I guess I went the long way around asking what the signs of a ball python going into shed are...so what are they?