Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,143

1 members and 2,142 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,573
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: :( Sad evening

Thanks

Re: :( Sad evening

Sorry about your loss. She was adorable!

Thanks

She was, she was very adorable. VERY opinionated. Had something to say about everything. Rayne (the brindle boxer/pit mix in the photo) is lost. She's carrying around one of Spices christmas 'doggy doughnut' snacks, not eating it, just carrying it. Mom said she hadn't stopped pacing last night, she finally laid down and started napping when I was on the phone with mom.
    They looked over Rayne this morning too and found signs that she got herself involved in the fray. A puncture and some scrapes, the vet says she's going to be fine physically. She's up on her shots and all that. We're just going to have to see how she adjusts. She's five years old and Spice has ALWAYS been her leader.
    My sister is doing okay. She's the one that chased the dang coyote until it dropped Spice. I told mom to throw away the coat she wore because even though it's clean now the memory is very real with it.
    We've lived there for over 30 years and this is the first time we've had something like this happen. Our neighbors have taken to keeping a 'gook' pile (anything gross, deer parts after hunting season and all that) which we think contributed to them being there.

Very tempting to place blame, but it does nothing to ease the loss. Not being home I think makes it worse for me. I feel very guilty even though there is no reason to. Spice had a good christmas, all her people were home (me, mom, dad, bobbi, my husband Ryan and even my brother was there) and she got good stuff and had a lot of fun.

Thanks

It may be too soon for your family to get a new dog...but it might be a good thing for Rayne. Some of these kids seem to mourn pretty hard.

The whole story is just really really sad. :-(
    ~Jess
    Balls: 2.10 normal, 1.0 pastel, 2.2 het albino, 1.0 50% het pied, 1.2 poss. axanthic, 1.0 pinstripe, 1.0 black pastel,
    Misc. snakes: 1.1 blood python, 1.0 Tarahumara Mountain kingsnake, 0.1 RTB
    0.0.1 Red-eyed casque-headed skink
    1.2 dogs (Lab, Catahoula, Papillon-X), 6.1 cats, 1.0 foster dog
    6.4.8 ASFs
    1.0 Very Patient Boyfriend

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

O no i am so sorry
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

I am sorry to hear about Spice, what a cute little doggie. My thoughts and prayers are with you & your sister.
    Stephanie

Thanks

Thank you all very much.
    My sister is doing better today, I am too, able to look at Spice dogs pictures without tearing up. My sister is having her cremated, a personal cremation so she gets only Spices' ashes back in a little box. They are going to save them until I get home in '09 and then we're going to sprinkle them back along the walking trail that she and Rayne used to love to go walking on with dad.
    I was just able to get word to Ryan this evening and he was upset as well. For such a little dog Spice made an impact on everyone she met in some way. She'll be missed and well remembered and in time I know we'll be able to share all the good stories about her.

Jess, my sister is VERY against another dog right now, it took her years to get Spice after her first dog China passed away. Rayne ate some today and mom said she's calming down a bit. She's still looking for Spice when they take her out for potty time and she's still obviously depressed but better then yesterday when they took Spice and just didn't bring her back. If nothing changes in a week I know mom and dad will pursue other options.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12