Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,209

1 members and 1,208 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,136
Threads: 248,585
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Pitbull rescue from side of road

Well... I took her with me to the Austin reptile show today and had a friend watch her while I was busy meetin some of y'all BP.netters. Overall, she's not bleeding from her mouth so much today, although there are a few signs of infection such as puss and some green discharge. So I just used a warm listerine compress to ease some of the swelling and kill some of the bacteria in her gash before tomorrow when the vets are open up. she'll also go get scanned for a microchip, have a gash in her lower lip sutured, get some antibiotics and I'll get the numbers of the vets and animal shelters in the area that I picked her up from. If I am not able to find her original home, I already have a huge line of people wanting her because they too got caught up in her sweet face and sweet attitude, so I dont think rehoming her will be an issue, I just am gonna ask that the vet bills I incur tomorrow get repaid.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gooseman View Post
    If I am not able to find her original home, I already have a huge line of people wanting her because they too got caught up in her sweet face and sweet attitude, so I dont think rehoming her will be an issue

thats great news!
    "Why do you need so many snakes?"
    "Why do you need so many shoes?"

Thanks

Yes it is! I hope everything turns out well!

Thanks

Well, we went to the vet today, and all is good, everything considered. She doesn't have a microchip in, so thats a bummer, We managed to get some antibiotics for the cuts, and if a few of her sores around her neck dont go away by then, he'll perform a scrapping next week to see whats up them. The vet also found a few more old scars underneath her coat and believes that she might have been fought once or twice before, though not brutally cut up either time. We've also given information to some rescues and vets in the area, and one of them even gave me a coupon for a free adoption kit from PETCO. One of the rescues that we talked to believed she might have been dumped given the location we found her... My friend and I went to PETCO later to pick up some more stuff for her, and she seemed interested in the other dogs, but not aggressive. However, we arn't giving her the chance to get in another fight, but it was good seeing her in a playful mood in the presence of some yippy little lap dogs. As she heals, she is also getting more alert and a wee bit skittish. She's still following us around by the heels wanting as much attention as possible, but some noises now that she used to just sleep through seem to spook her a bit. But her loving demeaner hasn't changed in the least.

If we are not able to find her original owners, it's going to be really tough to give her up to a new home. It's just... I don't believe it's right for me to keep her couped up most of the day in a apartment that has breed restrictions against pits. As much as I believe those laws to be unjust, keeping her in a way that she wouldnt be found just wouldnt be right. So I'm going to have to find her a new home eventually...

Thanks

No you're right Ben it wouldn't be fair to her to have to sneak her in and out and break the rules there. If you want to keep her you're only option may be to move. If not, then perhaps a pitbull rescue can help with checking her for temperment issues and rehoming her. It's awful that as much as she might have been loved they allowed her to fight, so that's no love at all really. Poor dog. She sounds very loving in nature so I hope you can come to a good resolution with her needing a home either with you or some other responsible person.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

yup, there's no arguing that... I talked to the management and they said given the circumstances I can have her around for a week or two. But legally if a complaint is filed, or well, they decide enough time has passed, or whatnot, she needs to be gone immediatly, because I'm not supposed to have her in the first place. So that's pretty cool I guess.

Thanks

Alright guys, here are some pics I promised.

I know it didn't show up very well, but those stains on my jacket came from her mouth bleeding on me on the drive back to College Station. The sun glare blotted most of it out... I wish the washer would do the same. lol

And of side note... I just signed a new lease on the apartment, starting Jan 1, and hooray, if the original owners do not find her... for a fee of $300 I can keep a breed restricted dog anyways. So she might be staying with me for good. I'm still not incredibly happy about her having to be inside a small apartment while I'm in class, however, if she continues as is, all I have to do is take her for a good run and she's out cold the rest of the day. So, we'll see about that as the time comes.

Thanks

Aww Ben She looks like a little sweetie!

I can totally see the cut under her chin

Did the vet say how old she might be? (You might have already posted it, but I don't remember reading it ) She looks TINY compared to you in that first pic!

I really hope it works out and you get to keep her

Thanks

so cool Ben! She is very pretty!

I am glad to hear you may get to keep her!

She looks like she wants to be with you forevra!

Thanks

brindles are my favorite!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast