Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,396

1 members and 3,395 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

Re: some people should not own pets.

I think it's up to the individuals who work for any SPCA. There will always be some that will get outraged over a doggie being left outside, but couldn't care less that a cow is starving to death, or a snake is dying from no heat in a winter garage.
    I'm glad to hear that this one seems different. Again many kudos for persisting in reporting, and for keeping your cool in the face of horrendous abuse.
    Wolfy
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks

aww my friend just called and said she saw his dad throwing out the snake today... Apparently it died Hopefully someone can save the rest before they meet the same ill fate.

Wolfy, being in the yeehaw state, and given the fact that the Houston area is surrounded by rural land the Houston SPCA see's alot of action with different types of animals, and theres all sorts of good people with interests in all animals helping out. I remember a while back I saw this thing on the news where they had to remove 2 cobras from a crack dealers house. Apparently he was using the cobras to guard his crack stash.. and yes, I am dead serious.
    "Hey does this suit make me look fat?"

"No no no, your face does."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Montee
    aww my friend just called and said she saw his dad throwing out the snake today... Apparently it died Hopefully someone can save the rest before they meet the same ill fate.

Wolfy, being in the yeehaw state, and given the fact that the Houston area is surrounded by rural land the Houston SPCA see's alot of action with different types of animals, and theres all sorts of good people with interests in all animals helping out. I remember a while back I saw this thing on the news where they had to remove 2 cobras from a crack dealers house. Apparently he was using the cobras to guard his crack stash.. and yes, I am dead serious.
    GOD DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!! I am sorry, but to hear this news...... PISSES ME OFF!!! I was hopping the snake wasnt beyond living a good life. Well lets hope for the rest of the animals. Atleast you did you best to help. But the parents will probably go and get another one for the kid.
    1.0.0 BP "Monty"
    1.0.0 Burmese Python "Maximus"
    0.1.0 Golden Retriever "Ginger"
    0.0.2 Cichlids

When you know everything, thats when what you didn't know slaps you in the face.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BiG~PUN
    GOD DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!! I am sorry, but to hear this news...... PISSES ME OFF!!! I was hopping the snake wasnt beyond living a good life. Well lets hope for the rest of the animals. Atleast you did you best to help. But the parents will probably go and get another one for the kid.
    I was pretty upset to hear it as well. I asked my friend to keep an eye out tomorrow for anyone going by the house and to alert them of the dead snake in the trash. Trash won't be picked up until Thursday morning. I'll keep you guys updated. Hopefully they get all those animals out of there by tomorrow.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Im really "proud" of you by following through with calling ASPCA and I hope they go check it out. I watch animal planet a lot, lol, and ive seen them rescue a few snakes. I think it shouldnt matter what it was - ANIMAL rescue services means ALL animals. I cant wait to hear any updates about this.

Thanks

People like that make me want to puke. If it was me, I'd be running over there making sure the snake in the trash was actually dead... but I'm just wierd like that.

It's wonderful to hear that the SPCA is actually going to take some action!
    0.2.0 red eared sliders
    1.0.0 Three toed box turtle
    1.0.0 ball python
    1.0.0 common boa
    1.0.0 dumbo rat

Thanks

have you heard anything yet? just wondering if you had been updated

if you cant afford to take care of it, dont get it

Thanks

My friend just called and said there was people there this morning, and she saw them taking stuff with them. She told them about the snake in the trash. She said they took the dog as well. Crazy.

Glad they got there before anymore animals died. Hopefully the ones that can be saved will find good homes.
    Last edited by Montee; 07-17-2007 at 02:35 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Montee
    My friend just called and said there was people there this morning, and she saw them taking stuff with them. She told them about the snake in the trash. She said they took the dog as well. Crazy.

Glad they got there before anymore animals died. Hopefully the ones that can be saved will find good homes.
    Very glad to see this result. If conditions were as bad as you were saying, those people don't need to have any pets at all.

Remember, pets are people too!

Thanks

Glad something was done about this. Glad you stepped up to the plate.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast