Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,138

1 members and 3,137 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,567
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: we got a new pet!

Oh my goodness she is just the cutest thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think every stable family with kids need a dog I think you made a great choice!

Thanks

Congrats!!! (Does she have puppy breath) ?????????? The BEST smell in the whole WORLD!
    Grey Scale is a good thing...

Thanks

Gosh how could you NOT bring that adorable face home?
    Congrats on the new puppy, she's lovely!
    0.1 Charcoal Corn, Nagini||0.0.1 King Intergrade, Ekans|| 1.0 Leopard Gecko, Havok||1.0 Pastel Mot Corn, Solstice
    1.1 birds,1.1 Bettas, 0.0.5 Community fish and Inverts,1.0 Rat, 1.1 Hamster.

Thanks

Adorable puppy. I hope you know that that's gonna grow up to be a BIG dog. Hope you're ready for it. She'll probably get up to 80+ lbs.
    - Rick

1.1 Pastels - Gunnar and (Ren) short for Renenutet Trust me it's a girl name.
    0.1 spider - Anansi
    1.3.?? Domestic Rats ....... it changes too much to keep track.

= and + =

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

jo, i too am a huge fan of halties... so she'll definitely have one of those!

and... alas... we were a failure last night with the crate. she cried... howled, barked carried on from 11 till 4am when - completely exhausted i just couldn't take it anymore. i got no sleep. so we went outside and peed... came in and i *gulp* brought her into bed with me and she decided that she needed to use my pillow as a body pillow LOL well that didn't go over too well... but finally she settled down in my hubby's spot on the bed (as he was at work) and we slept together all night long. she jumped off the bed (ever so NOT gracefully) at 6am and i took her outside where she poo'd and pee'd and i made all the excited squeals i could muster being so exhausted (i even dreamed no one would give me coffee all night long only to discover - in my dream - that i was next door to a timmies!!!) - i brought her back into bed and she slept till 9am with me.

so... question... can i crate train her for when we are out but sleep with her at night or is that not possible?

heeeelllpppppp
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by recycling goddess
    jo, i too am a huge fan of halties... so she'll definitely have one of those!

and... alas... we were a failure last night with the crate. she cried... howled, barked carried on from 11 till 4am when - completely exhausted i just couldn't take it anymore. i got no sleep. so we went outside and peed... came in and i *gulp* brought her into bed with me and she decided that she needed to use my pillow as a body pillow LOL well that didn't go over too well... but finally she settled down in my hubby's spot on the bed (as he was at work) and we slept together all night long. she jumped off the bed (ever so NOT gracefully) at 6am and i took her outside where she poo'd and pee'd and i made all the excited squeals i could muster being so exhausted (i even dreamed no one would give me coffee all night long only to discover - in my dream - that i was next door to a timmies!!!) - i brought her back into bed and she slept till 9am with me.
    so... question... can i crate train her for when we are out but sleep with her at night or is that not possible?

heeeelllpppppp

I don't see a problem with that, we used Zoey's crate only for a calm down time. She would get so riled up and it would overwhelm her and the kids. So they would sit and watch a movie and Zoey would go and take a puppy nap in her crate. She did very well. We were always in her sight while she was in her crate. We don't use it while we are done though, she is so great in the house I don't worry about her at all. With two tots in the house EVERYTHING is baby and puppy proof.

Zoey doesn't sleep with us at night though, she used to but she gets to crazy in the bed lol. So she has a huge dog bed at the foot of the bed with lots bones to chew. Then in the morning when Shaun gets up for work she jumps up and sleep with me.
    Kristina Rogers
    http://www.myspace.com/kristinarogers
    1.0 Ball Python
    1.1 Crested Geckos
    1.0 Pastel BCI
    0.1 Beardie (Pop Tart)

Thanks

kristy, i know she'll be a big dog... my friend breeds pure bred berners... and has 14 in the house... so i know how big they'll be berners are a favourite breed for us and an absolute dream come true!
    in light, Aleesha

Thanks

heehee i responded to your first post without the editing.

i've always crated a dog completely or not at all... never 1/2 way.
    in light, Aleesha

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by recycling goddess
    kristy, i know she'll be a big dog... my friend breeds pure bred berners... and has 14 in the house... so i know how big they'll be berners are a favourite breed for us and an absolute dream come true!

Well I'm not Kristy, but I'm glad you do know how big she'll be. I thought you would have done your research or at least knew what you were getting into. It's just that so many people go out and get the cutest little puppy, not realizing that one day it'll be a giant dog.

I real happy for you and your new pet. I'm sure she's in the best home she could ever have gone to.
    - Rick

1.1 Pastels - Gunnar and (Ren) short for Renenutet Trust me it's a girl name.
    0.1 spider - Anansi
    1.3.?? Domestic Rats ....... it changes too much to keep track.

= and + =

Thanks

Very cute puppy!! Congrats!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast