Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,193

1 members and 3,192 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,130
Threads: 248,574
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RelentlessPanda
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Disaster!

Thanks

Re: Disaster!

Quote Originally Posted by jglass38
    Most of what has been discussed since then (at least by me) has had nothing to do directly with her. In a couple of posts there was a productive debate about animal rights and then in one post I stood by what I said at the beginning. Where am I still attacking her (for which I was negative repped yesterday, most likely by you)?
    Which is why I wasn't posting to you, but to Judy and Jo. I do think your initial reaction was over the top, and I do understand that you aren't going to see it any other way, so I never even bothered responding to your posts. Nothing productive could come of it.

And no, I didn't neg rep you. I would have left my name if I did. But I don't think I've ever left anyone a neg rep.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SarahMB
    Which is why I wasn't posting to you, but to Judy and Jo.
    I'm not sure why I'm getting accused of "jumping on the OP" (both here and with a neg rep hit) because I never said anything directly to her at all. My words were intended to be directed not only at all the people participating in this thread, but everyone reading it as well.

I will own that I poorly worded one part. I said that some parties were "TRYING" to make it so others were afraid to express their own opinions directly. What I meant to say was that whether you're trying to do that or not, that's what is being accomplished.

But even so, the rest of my post should have been taken as support to stand up and say what you believe. Say it and own it. Just don't expect to not be offended at what someone else says...and don't expect that we have some right to never be offended at times. People will be people. Take it on the chin...say what you think is right...and then let your words stand for themselves. 'Nuff said.
    -- Judy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JLC
    I'm not sure why I'm getting accused of "jumping on the OP" (both here and with a neg rep hit) because I never said anything directly to her at all. My words were intended to be directed not only at all the people participating in this thread, but everyone reading it as well.

I will own that I poorly worded one part. I said that some parties were "TRYING" to make it so others were afraid to express their own opinions directly. What I meant to say was that whether you're trying to do that or not, that's what is being accomplished.
    Judy, I'm sorry, I did not mean to make it sound like I was accusing you of attacking the OP. I only meant that I was posting to you in response to what I felt was an attack against me. I can see that I was not clear about that.

Thanks

....Miss Shadow busted a 10 gallon full of a litter of hoppers on me one time....I woke up at about 2 a.m. to the sound of glass breaking....ran into the next room only to be crippled by several pieces of glass getting lodged in my foot.....

I was the only one injured in the mess.....Miss Shadow and the mice were fine....kinda served me right for putting the strap across the bottom of the tank instead of the top....oh well....

Miss Shadow hunted down all mice while I limped along behind her with a tub to put them in....good times

Cats are funny animals. Unlike dogs, punishment will get you no where. If a cat is doing something 'bad' and you blast it with a misting bottle or give it a smack on the butt......the cat will only recognize that it can not do what it wants to when you are around......then the cat will logically assume that when you are not around it can do whatever it wants.....that is why they almost always 'get into stuff' when you are away instead of doing it right infront of your eyes.....just the nature of the beast.

Outside is not a punishment for Miss Shadow....it is an adventure She is such a cutie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daniel1983
    Cats are funny animals. Unlike dogs, punishment will get you no where. If a cat is doing something 'bad' and you blast it with a misting bottle or give it a smack on the butt......the cat will only recognize that it can not do what it wants to when you are around......then the cat will logically assume that when you are not around it can do whatever it wants.....that is why they almost always 'get into stuff' when you are away instead of doing it right infront of your eyes.....just the nature of the beast.

Outside is not a punishment for Miss Shadow....it is an adventure She is such a cutie
    Great picture. Disciplining cats will just get you a night where you wake up with cat piss all over your pillow.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jglass38
    Great picture. Disciplining cats will just get you a night where you wake up with cat piss all over your pillow.
    hhahaha great quote! that should be in your sig.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joyful girl
    hhahaha great quote! that should be in your sig.
    I'm out of room! I am sure Wild Bill will come along and quote me Makes me feel special too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daniel1983

This is why I think I'm not a cat person. Cats are too much like me when I was a kid.
    - Rick

1.1 Pastels - Gunnar and (Ren) short for Renenutet Trust me it's a girl name.
    0.1 spider - Anansi
    1.3.?? Domestic Rats ....... it changes too much to keep track.

= and + =

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smasharama13
    This is why I think I'm not a cat person. Cats are too much like me when I was a kid.

lol. i have 2 and they are always into something the youngest (Peaches) is always trying to mess with my pit! she is a CRAZY CAT!

but I love em!

Thanks

Oh yeah. With my three demons it's that way. Except Cooper, for some reason he's convinced his tub of cuteness will get him out of trouble for doing something incredibly stupid right in front of me (such as jumping up on the counter going "SO! What's for supper mom?") which then always results in me hissing at him and flicking him with water followed directly by him running for the hills acting as if I dropped acid on him.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast