Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,331

4 members and 3,327 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
    Thanks

Help or ideas please 🙏

Hey everyone it's been awhile since I've been on the forum. I dont know if this is the best place to post this but I got a problem and I just thought I would post here to see if anyone had any ideas to possible solutions.

I've been raising and breeding ball pythons for the last 5/6 years. I have a rather large collection of animals that I've been holding back and raising for future breeding. Mostly 1 y/o or a little older females a handful of males and some larger breeder males/females. A lot of ghi od and het clown animals.

Unfortunately six months ago I was diagnosed with a very rare type of cancer. I went through treatment but unfortunately it continued to spread through treatment. I've been told I have several moths to maybe one year to live.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on where or what I can do with my collection as I really don't have enough time to sell them individually. There's maybe 50-75 that I need to re home or sell.

My mother is going to keep most of my best clowns but there's no way she can care for the amount of animals I currently have and I'm concerned she doesn't know enough about the genetics or selling animals to care for or liquidate most of the collection.

I'm not looking on here for someone to buy everything (unless you really want to lol) just out of desperation I figured I would ask for any ideas on how to either find someone interested or somewhere I could trust to help her find a home for them. I would consider anything even donation to somewhere that would keep and display them or any ideas to help resolve this situation. I love these animals I just want the best for the animals and my mother and don't want to leave any of them in this situation.

I figure its a long shot but any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,
    Sean
    “It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.”

FDR

Thanks
    Thanked 19,842 Times in 11,854 Posts
    Sean, I'm really sorry to hear of your situation, & I can appreciate how hard this post must have been to make, but I also wanted to let you know that I'm moving this post to the "For Sale/Trade/Adoption/or Wanted" forum where it rightly belongs, since you are, in a round about way, looking for one of these options.

That's also your best way of having others find you & your animals on this forum. I'd encourage you to post more details about the animals themselves.

Those with suggestions for contacts can post & those personally interested can pm you. Please know I wish you & your animals the very best, & I'm glad you're trying to avoid overwhelming your mother too. I'm sorry for what you're going through, but I'm glad you're doing all you can to make the best of it for all those concerned.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 04-01-2024 at 02:05 PM.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks

Re: Help or ideas please 🙏

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Sean, I'm really sorry to hear of your situation, & I can appreciate how hard this post must have been to make, but I also wanted to let you know that I'm moving this post to the "For Sale/Trade/Adoption/or Wanted" forum where it rightly belongs, since you are, in a round about way, looking for one of these options.

That's also your best way of having others find you & your animals on this forum. I'd encourage you to post more details about the animals themselves.

Those with suggestions for contacts can post & those personally interested can pm you. Please know I wish you & your animals the very best, & I'm glad you're trying to avoid overwhelming your mother too. I'm sorry for what you're going through, but I'm glad you're doing all you can to make the best of it for all those concerned.
    I don't understand why you'd move my post. I'm not looking on here to sell anything. I was hoping as my post stated that someone would be able to help me with any ideas on how/where to re home the collection. Even if it means donating them to somewhere. I came here specifically looking for help with any ideas for options. Not to sell my animals. Thanks for your help...
    “It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.”

FDR

Thanks
    Thanked 19,842 Times in 11,854 Posts

Re: Help or ideas please 🙏

Quote Originally Posted by sp0420 View Post
    I don't understand why you'd move my post. I'm not looking on here to sell anything. I was hoping as my post stated that someone would be able to help me with any ideas on how/where to re home the collection. Even if it means donating them to somewhere. I came here specifically looking for help with any ideas for options. Not to sell my animals. Thanks for your help...
    Because of the hints: "There's maybe 50-75 that I need to re home or sell." & "I'm not looking on here for someone to buy everything (unless you really want to lol)"

And also because you "want" something (ie. to find them homes)- this is the best place for your post to be seen, whether for sales or adoption.

I'm actually just trying to help you, & for all you know, there may be some who would be interested in a large deal. Also, it's a forum rule that all such posts go in this forum...ahem! (I do not make the forum rules...)

If you like, start another thread that is just hypothetically asking for suggestions "where would you turn if...?". Your specifics are what tripped you up here & put this post in the category of "want ads" (including sales & adoptions). I think brainstorming this is a great idea, especially with so many to rehome. Again, I wish you well & wish I had some ideas. Are you wanting only locals, or is shipping an option?
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 04-01-2024 at 03:46 PM.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)