I'm kind of still in shock right now so I hope I explain this well enough.

I had recently posted a thread on my new blood python (who has mites) urinating every other day which concerned me.

About an hour ago we saw she peed again and went to go clean her enclosure. We opened the lid and found her with her mouth open.

The past hour she's been in a cycle of being completely lethargic, not able to hold her head up, muscles loose, to suddenly thrashing around with her mouth wide open, all her muscles twitching, while straining her vent immensely, then repeat. She was only able to get a little bit of brown liquid out. When I feel her I can feel a couple tiny hard things (probably urates) and a good amount of liquid in her butt in the path to the vent. She also looked like she was having a hard time breathing, hissing loudly and may have had some fluid near her nose, I couldn't tell. I have a video if anyone requires it but it's quite distressing.

We are in the Midwest, in the middle of a snow storm and all the emergency vets are closed. It's -20 outside and even with the heating on, it's not easy to keep the room warm. So we have just decided to clean her enclosure, make her comfortable in there and leave her alone. I do not expect her to be with us in the morning.

My only ideas are:

1. Someone suggested she may have drank soapy water during her soaks. Would that cause something like this?

2. Could she have been constipated or eggbound? She's a retired breeder but hasn't had a clutch for several years.

3. Internal parasite? She already had mites when we got her, could an internal parasite be causing her system to flush out as much as it was?

If there's the off chance that she's here in the morning, she will be going to an emergency vet, though I don't know they would even take reptiles.

Just looking for any theories so that when this catches up with me tomorrow, I might be able to rationalize it easier.

Thanks for the help y'all.