Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,349

2 members and 3,347 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

How does piebaldism work in ball pythons?

I'm trying to do a deep dive into how the pied morph works ball pythons, and how it works in them compared to how it works in mammals.

At this point I'm running into more questions than answers, and the answers might not be known yet, but I thought this might be a good place to ask. I'm looking for scientific research into how the pied morph works in the body. The majority of (not all) pie ball pythons (without other morphs that would specifically change it) have a patterned head and the tip of the tail is white. As I said, not always, but a majority. Then there's the fact that the majority of (not all) them show more patterning in the first 2/3 of their body.

I'm struggling to find any solid information on this. I know there are a number of people doing genetics work on ball pythons, but my searching skills are not the best online. I'm more of a builder than researcher.

Thanks for any possible help, I greatly appreciate it.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Malum Argenteum For This Useful Post:

Alicia (01-04-2024),BeansTheDerp (01-04-2024),Bogertophis (01-03-2024),paulh (01-04-2024)