I have always gone off the rule of, 6 months in a ziplock bag, 12 months if vacuum sealed. I'm fairly confident this is correct, but I thought I'd check before throwing these away. I have a whole pack of smalls and a whole pack of mediums, probably about 2 or 3 month's worth of meals for my snakes. I noticed they are recently more fragile than usual (bleeding easily, ears/tail tips/feet sometimes falling apart) so I checked the date and turns out I ordered them almost 6 months ago. They smell fine when thawed and my snakes don't seem to mind them at all (though I have one BP who is on a hunger strike, which I suppose could be due to the food being offered). I guess I thought I'd go through them quicker than I did.

Would these be okay to use up or should I just go ahead and toss them at the end of the month? Just sucks to see all those feeders wasted. I recently got a vacuum sealer myself, would it be dumb to try and vacuum seal them now? Would they keep any longer if so? I know the answer is probably just toss them and restock but I thought I'd get y'all's opinions first as confirmation.