Hello! I am new to blood pythons though I have been researching and looking to get one for quite a while. We attended an expo a few weeks ago and ended up putting a deposit on one. We are currently setting up her enclosure and ensuring temps and humidity are stable before we bring her home.

I was about to go ahead and make another rat purchase haul as some of my other snakes need sized up soon, however I am unsure what is normal for a feeding schedule/size of food. The breeders have told us that she is on one XXXL rat (475g - 600g) every 4 weeks. I didn't really question this but now I am reading a lot saying that most adult blood pythons don't need more than a large rat (not sure about frequency). I know bloods are prone to obesity so I want to be careful. I'll be asking the breeders for her exact weight as soon as I can before I decide what feeders to purchase. That being said, what do you feed your bloods and how often? Is there a body weight % rule when it comes to bloods (I usually like aiming around 10% the body weight for my ball pythons and 15-20% for my carpet)? Just wanted to see if her current feeding schedule sounds normal or if it needs adjusted when I acquire her. I appreciate any insight!