Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,183

0 members and 3,183 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts

Re: Hundreds of small animals meant for adoption may have been frozen, fed to reptile

Quote Originally Posted by Homebody View Post
    While we're assigning blame, why did San Diego, a no kill shelter, send animals to Tucson, a kill shelter? Did they really expect that a smaller shelter would be able to adopt out animals that they couldn't? Or did they send them for Tucson to do their dirty work for them? Is that how San Diego manages to keep its no kill policy? By sending its excess capacity to kill shelters? Wouldn't that be scandalous?
    It seems incredibly ignorant of the San Diego shelter to think anything more moral than this was going on. I have to wonder what sort of shelter other than a brand new one with a lot of funding is able to take in that amount of animals. I have to wonder why it's only feeder types of animals, how many rodent-only shelters exist? It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense when you think about it more than 5 seconds. I imagine at 160% capacity in a no-kill shelter, they are pretty desperate for help and probably didn't want to look at the situation critically. But then why look into it further later? If the Arizona shelter that was given the shipment originally was a kill shelter, even being of less than good intentions, why didn't they just say the animals had been euthanized? It's probably quite paranoid, but in the back of my mind is the thought that something like this was intentional to stir up controversy about reptiles.

I think what bothers me the most about this story is that it sounds like the person that killed the animals was selling them to people at a reptile show, based on the messages about freezing them before the show. That adds a whole new layer of evil to it in my eyes. It disgusts me so much that people would turn such a sad situation into a deceitful money making scheme.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

Armiyana (12-04-2023),Bogertophis (12-04-2023),Homebody (12-04-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,094 Times in 422 Posts

Re: Hundreds of small animals meant for adoption may have been frozen, fed to reptile

Quote Originally Posted by nikkubus View Post
    It's probably quite paranoid, but in the back of my mind is the thought that something like this was intentional to stir up controversy about reptiles.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -- Hanlon's razor

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Malum Argenteum For This Useful Post:

bcr229 (12-05-2023),Bogertophis (12-04-2023),nikkubus (12-05-2023)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123