Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,170

0 members and 3,170 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

Rainbow Albino Ball Python?

Hey everyone, I have a question about the Rainbow gene. I just bought a female Chocolate GHI Mojave pos het Rainbow and even though I had heard of it before, I don’t know much about it. All I know is that it’s a type of Albino that isn’t compatible with regular Albino and it seems like not many people work with it. Do any of you work with it, and do you like it more or less than the more well-known types of Albino? I bought the female mostly because she is almost breeding size and because of the GHI and Chocolate genes, but I might try and prove out the Rainbow gene one day if I can find a good male for her. If anyone can give me any more information about the gene, then it would be appreciated.

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 842 Posts
    Sadly it's still a bit of a rare gene in my neck of the woods. No one here works with it. Never saw one at the shows here. Sadly everything is a bit washed out by desert Ghost and clown's popularity lately.

Looks like a pretty neat gene though overall. It wouldn't hurt to work with it if there's breeders working with it or you find a compatible animal for them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Armiyana For This Useful Post:

Homebody (10-16-2023)