Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,268

1 members and 3,267 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Confused about this clutch

I bought the female as a proven adult and paired her to my male. When I input the genes on a genetic calculator I don’t get any bels but I have four in the clutch. Is a past male she has been with the father? Or am I confusing myself. Please try to ID the babies as best you can. Pairing I did was banana mystic ghi hgw x Mojave phantom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Re: Confused about this clutch

For some reason the picture of #1 won’t load but it’s another BEL

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 Times in 843 Posts
    Mystic, Mojave and phantom are all in the BEL complex. So yup. You hatched BELs.

2 and 5 look like they're also banana. The easiest way to tell them apart is to shine a mag light or your phone's light on the top of the head like you would candle an egg.
    If the pupil glows red, it's a normal BEL. If the whole eye glows red, then it's a banana BEL.

With the reduced pattern I would lean towards them being mystic potions(Mojave mystics) but I'm honestly not as familiar with the phantom gene or HGW. You can try using a blacklight on them to show hidden patterns as well.

I had to guess, then 3 may be GHI Phantom

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Armiyana For This Useful Post:

Ronniex2 (11-06-2023)

Thanks

I have two mystic potions and they have patterns and a grayish coloring so I don’t think I have any of those. I tried the light on the head trick a while ago and didn’t see any red pupils but I’ll try again because cause #5 has a couple of freckles.

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 Times in 843 Posts
    Given how the other genes interact though you may not see much color on some of them. Especially when as I said, 2 of them look to definitely be banana. If you look up mystic potions (which are considered BEL just for future reference) with banana or Coral glow, you'll see how washed out those colors look on a hatchling.

One of my favorite hatchlings from last year is a special Mojave (crystal ball) that is also coral glow, possible hypo. Also possible pastel, fire or enchi
    she hatched pure white and only at 6months old developed a yellow wash to her upper half of her body. Still none of the usual crystal pattern.

I've also hatched a pastel lesser special who looked almost identical to her lesser Mojave siblings except for the pattern that showed up under blacklight.

Not every snake gets the memo about how they're supposed to look. Either way that's a really neat looking set.
    The other consideration is possibly one of the parents is IDed incorrectly or mom did retain sperm for a strangely similar male before you got her. If you know what they previously bred for that could help too.

This is my cg crystal +... you can see how little pattern shows up.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Armiyana For This Useful Post:

Homebody (09-30-2023)

Thanks

Unfortunately I don’t know what she was paired with in the past. I might send in some shed for DNA testing. Thank you for your help!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sam-Kim For This Useful Post:

Armiyana (09-29-2023)