Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,325

1 members and 3,324 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Thumbs up FocusCubed Habitats

I ordered the Panorama 36" x 18" x 18" PVC enclosure from FocusCubed back in the summer - they estimated an 8 week lead time and it arrived exactly as predicted last month. Since they've been slammed with ordered I noticed they removed a lot of customization options since when I started browsing their enclosures - the paint for the outside was the first to go, and things like builtin shelves are no longer available. This makes total sense because they're trying to get things out quickly, so removing the visual stuff that doesn't benefit the snake but hurries things up seems very logical. I got the builtin LEDs (regular white, just for looking at the snake) and 80w RHP with installation, and locks for the doors. I went with the larger heat panel and shorter enclosure after seeing so many people talk about struggling to get the 24" tall enclosures warm down at substrate level - because BPs in general don't climb much and Clemmy in particular doesn't like to climb at all, it seems difficult to convince them to get up towards the heat in a taller enclosure. The parts were packed very tightly and carefully with styrafoam and reinforcements at the corners, and putting it all together was very easy - just needed one philip's head screwdriver. The RHP panel I ran on max for around 6 hours but honestly I didn't notice much of an off-gassing smell. The panels also only had a faint odor, though the styrafoam gave them enough static charge to immediately attract every dog hair in my house. I sealed the bottom with GE #1 silicone and let that dry for 24 hours, then put in substrate and let her check it out for a short session with the RHP turned off. After 2 more intro sessions with the panel turned on and tuned, I moved her into it with all her things. It was actually much easier than I expected! The only really annoying parts were trying to seal the front seam with silicone, since you can't see what you're doing, and actually moving the enclosure around after it's assembled - there's no handholds anywhere and I felt like if I opened the doors and grabbed it by the rims I might damage it. There is also no cushion between the doors and the PVC rims, so any tiny bump or truck going by and they rattle noisily. I live in earthquake country so small tremors also set the doors rattling - I'm planning to find some thin felt or something to put in there to reduce this, although it already seems less rattly now that it's not brand new out of the box and has maybe settled in some. Anyway it looks great, holds heat great, and the snake really seems to be enjoying it - she even comes out to bask under the heat at night (I put my hand in while testing it and wanted to climb in myself, it's a very comfy-feeling heat!). Looking forward to ordering the next size up as well!

RHP visible, lights on, dog hair tastefully sprinkled all over:

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to plateOfFlan For This Useful Post:

Armiyana (09-23-2023),Bogertophis (09-23-2023),Homebody (09-23-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 462 Posts
    I'm glad you are enjoying it! All of my enclosures are by Focus and I'm obviously very happy with their quality.

Just an FYI for your future orders - they have a movable basking shelf under their 'accessories' section on the website but if you prefer a built-in basking shelf, Steven will absolutely do that if you request it.
    1.0 Jungle Carpet Python 'Ziggy'
    1.0 Bredl's Python 'Calcifer'
    0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 'Mara'
    1.1 Tarahumara Mountain Boas 'Paco' and 'Frida'
    2.0 Dumeril's Boas 'Gyre' and 'Titan'
    1.0 Stimson's Python 'Jake'
    1.1 Children's Pythons 'Miso' and 'Ozzy'
    1.0 Anthill Python 'Cricket'
    1.0 Plains Hognose 'Peanut'
    1.1 Rough-scaled Sand Boas 'Rassi' and 'Kala'
    1.0 Ball Python (BEL) 'Sugar'
    1.0 Gray-banded Kingsnake 'Nacho'