Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,390

1 members and 3,389 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Where to find adult or subadult Cali kings in North Carolina?

I don't want a fancy morph or anything, and every rescue, pet shop ect has been a dead end. Usually they just don't have them or they're ridiculously priced ($250+). My last bet is going to the October 15th Repticon in Concord, but I'm unsure if they'd have them or how much they'd be. Any and all advice appreciated!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,189 Posts

Re: Where to find adult or subadult Cali kings in North Carolina?

Quote Originally Posted by decayingsnake View Post
    I don't want a fancy morph or anything, and every rescue, pet shop ect has been a dead end. Usually they just don't have them or they're ridiculously priced ($250+). My last bet is going to the October 15th Repticon in Concord, but I'm unsure if they'd have them or how much they'd be. Any and all advice appreciated!
    There are plenty on Morph Market though none from NC breeders:

The Repticon in Concord has released its vendor list. It'll be tedious, but you could research each of them.
    1.0 Normal Children's Python (2022 - present)
    1.0 Normal Ball Python (2019 - 2021)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Homebody For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-21-2023),decayingsnake (09-21-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,835 Times in 11,849 Posts
    Have you tried looking on Morph Market? How about Kingsnake.com classifieds? Also, these are some breeders (various colubrids+) in N. Carolina- there's likely others too. Even if you don't see a Cal-king on their list- I'd call them and ask- they may have the connections to get you one. The only one below that I'm personally familiar with is Coldblooded Novelties- but that was from many years ago since I bought one snake from them (I had it shipped to me, it was a yearling- very healthy, a great snake that I still have- it's now 15 years old).
    North Carolina

• Sunfish Exotics is located in Harrisburg. They specialize in leopard geckos and Western hognose, but do offer Neuvo Leon kingsnakes.
    • Mortal Coil Serpentarium is located in Winston-Salem. They have Mexican black kingsnakes and other colubrids.
    • Coldblooded Novelties is located in Trinity. They have eastern and Mexican black kingsnakes.

It would be nice if you could find one in person, but failing that, do your "due diligence" (check out their reputations etc).
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

decayingsnake (09-21-2023),Homebody (09-21-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,835 Times in 11,849 Posts
    An example from Kingsnake.com- here's one: http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.p...=59&de=1274118 (scroll down slightly- there's pics too, & contact info)

This is for hatchlings & they'd be shipping from Albuquerque, New Mexico. ($110 for the snake + whatever air shipping costs these days) If you really want an older snake, you can always ask anyone that has hatchlings for sale- never know, they may decide to part with one- but the older the snake is, the more they've "put into it" so the price does go up.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

decayingsnake (09-21-2023),Homebody (09-21-2023),nikkubus (09-21-2023)

Thanks

Re: Where to find adult or subadult Cali kings in North Carolina?

Quote Originally Posted by Homebody View Post
    There are plenty on Morph Market though none from NC breeders:

The Repticon in Concord has released its vendor list. It'll be tedious, but you could research each of them.

I've gone through around half of them. One facebook page has a couple in photos, though I'm not sure if they are for sale. I suppose I'll just have to go and find out.

If I can't find anything else, Morph Market is my last resort purely because I'd like to be able to handle and get to know a snake before buying it, and I don't have the means to go out of state.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to decayingsnake For This Useful Post:

Homebody (09-21-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts
    $250 doesn't sound outrageous for an adult kingsnake to me, but you might get lucky and find a much better price at a show. I think you are a little bit late in the year for the prime time to look for adults, as a lot of people will sell ones they have decided to stop breeding after eggs are laid for the year. If you don't have luck this year, try looking June-July next year and you might find some good prices.
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nikkubus For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-21-2023),decayingsnake (09-25-2023),Homebody (09-22-2023)