Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,384

3 members and 3,381 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,835 Times in 11,849 Posts

USARK's Board Chairman Passes the Torch (-very informative!)

Gary Bagnall resigns as Chairman of the Board
    Gary Bagnall, the founder and CEO of Zoo Med, has played an integral role in USARK for more than fourteen years and was most recently serving as USARK’s Chairman of the Board. After so much time and attention devoted to ensuring USARK could succeed, Gary has decided to resign from the Board and focus his energy on other projects. One of these projects includes his non-profit Museum of Aquarium and Pet History (www.moaph.org). Gary and Zoo Med will still fully support USARK going forward, including pro bono services and maintaining their status as our largest and most consistent donor.

Gary wants herpetoculturists to know: “I am incredibly grateful to the current Board members for their dedication and Phil Goss for handling the heavy lifting and day-to-day work of USARK to ensure not-so-well-meaning bureaucrats and animal rights groups do not shut down the industry and hobby that we all love and work in. Zoo Med will still support USARK to the tune of $10,000 per month. Plus, we will continue our other services to USARK and the community.”

“It is a fact that USARK never could have flourished and prevented so much bad legislation without Gary’s support. USARK never would have gotten off the ground without him. Gary and Zoo Med allowed USARK to become the voice of responsible herpetoculture,” states USARK President Phil Goss, who fully realizes just how much the herpetocultural community owes Gary.

Jeff Ronne, owner of The Boaphile and Boaphile Plastics, celebrated Gary’s impact by saying, “Thank you for saving my livelihood. I truly believe they would have ended us if you had not stepped in when you did. Thank you for your tireless efforts and commitment of your assets and business to help in every way possible. I and my family thank you personally.”

Todd Goodman, owner of Timberline Live Pet Foods, has been chosen by the Board to replace Gary as Chairman. Todd had this to say: “My description of your time with USARK is one where I say USARK would never have continued to be around or effective had it not been for you. Thank you for your vision and efforts, your continued support, and your trust. Big shoes are hard to fill, so I think it best we set yours aside for bronzing. I am committed to USARK so whatever capacity this Board thinks is appropriate; I am willing to continue to help. President Emeritus, I/we are truly thankful for you.”

The USARK Board thanks Gary for his perseverance and guidance. The Reptile Nation would have crumbled without him and our entire industry is indebted to his generosity. Thank you, Gary.

Other Board members had these sentiments:

“Thank you for your lifelong dedication to the industry and building this lifeline for us.” – James Badman, Phoenix Reptile Expo and Turtle and Tortoise Preservation Group

“Gary, thank you so much for what you have done for this industry and especially these fourteen years with USARK. I am forever grateful for everything you have done, contributed, and helped to save this amazing industry we all work in. Take care, and much success with your nonprofit pet museum.” – Loren Leigh, LLL Reptile

“Thank you for everything you’ve done over the years! You are a pillar to the reptile community. We will miss you and hope to see you soon.” – Ramy Guirguis, Reptile Super Show

“Thank you for all that you have done for USARK.” – Warren Booth, Ph.D., Associate Professor/Virginia Tech

“Gary was more than a tremendous asset to USARK and reptile keepers. He has been our bedrock.” – Ralph Davis, Ralph Davis Reptiles

Vanessa Costanzo, USARK Administrative Director, added: “Thank you, Gary, for everything you have done for USARK and the industry. You are an inspiration!”
    Copyright © 2023 USARK, All rights reserved.
    You are receiving this email because you opted in at our website.

Our mailing address is:
    USARK3650 Sacramento Dr
    San Luis Obispo, CA 93401

Add us to your address book
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

bcr229 (08-17-2023),Caitlin (08-17-2023),Homebody (08-17-2023)