Hey Everyone,

It's been a minute just had a quick question for anyone that's possibly seen this before.

So I have a clutch hatching right now and I'm a little concerned. The first hatchling came out and looks completely healthy no visible defects except when it flicks its tongue its not fully retracting it. Just leaving it partially out of its mouth. It will pull it in but when it flicks it it just stays out.

I'm wondering if it may be a development issue. This clutch took 62 days to pip at 89 degrees. It's not an incubation issue because I already hatched two clutches this season with same box set ups and same incubator temps. At the same time and shelf as this clutch. And they all hatched by day 60 perfectly healthy.

I'm just curious if anyone's seen this before I'm like 100 eggs hatched over the last three seasons and I've never seen a hatchling do this before. Do you think this is something that will correct itself? Is it possible that it's an issue from the parents? Incase it helps pairing was spotnose leopard clown x Super Pastel yb fire pinstripe.

Any insight from anyone more experienced then myself would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean