Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,277

2 members and 3,275 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,832 Times in 11,848 Posts

Re: What’s the deal with Animal Plastics these days?

Quote Originally Posted by kath_ View Post
    @Snagrio, holy cow I would actually start crying. Especially after waiting for that long! I am SO sorry that happened but I’m glad it seems to be heading in a positive direction. FedEx is definitely the biggest offender when it comes to shipping. Did you hear about how Alabama locals found over 400 FedEx packages abandoned in the woods? And then it happened again in a nearby ravine!

@Bogertophis, thank you so much as always for the great insight. Lol idk if you’ll remember me but you’ve been helping me on these forums since I got my first BP back in 2016 and then my BCI in 2019. So glad to have you around!
    In my area, FEDEX is the best-known for delivering pkgs to the wrong addresses. At least they weren't left in the woods- -I missed that story from Alabama- awful & so frustrating for anyone waiting for their stuff to arrive.

That's asking a lot from my memory to recall any specific help in the past but I'm always glad to be useful, lol.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 462 Posts
    My favorite mis-delivery was FedEx delivering a very large order of frozen rodents, quail, and chicks to the wrong address. And they even sent me an email meant to be 'proof of delivery' with a photo of the package sitting in front of an unfamiliar door.

FedEx never responded to my attempts to reach them. Thankfully my feeder supplier is Layne Labs and as always their customer service was stellar - they shipped another order as soon as I notified them, at no extra charge.

I always wondered about the folks who got a huge box of dead rats, though...
    1.0 Jungle Carpet Python 'Ziggy'
    1.0 Bredl's Python 'Calcifer'
    0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 'Mara'
    1.1 Tarahumara Mountain Boas 'Paco' and 'Frida'
    2.0 Dumeril's Boas 'Gyre' and 'Titan'
    1.0 Stimson's Python 'Jake'
    1.1 Children's Pythons 'Miso' and 'Ozzy'
    1.0 Anthill Python 'Cricket'
    1.0 Plains Hognose 'Peanut'
    1.1 Rough-scaled Sand Boas 'Rassi' and 'Kala'
    1.0 Ball Python (BEL) 'Sugar'
    1.0 Gray-banded Kingsnake 'Nacho'
    1.0 Green Tree Python (Aru) 'Jade'

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Caitlin For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (07-25-2023),Homebody (07-25-2023),OatBoii (07-26-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,832 Times in 11,848 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    My favorite mis-delivery was FedEx delivering a very large order of frozen rodents, quail, and chicks to the wrong address. And they even sent me an email meant to be 'proof of delivery' with a photo of the package sitting in front of an unfamiliar door.

FedEx never responded to my attempts to reach them. Thankfully my feeder supplier is Layne Labs and as always their customer service was stellar - they shipped another order as soon as I notified them, at no extra charge.

I always wondered about the folks who got a huge box of dead rats, though...
    FedEx did a similar thing to me- only it was a large bag of dog food from Chewy. They provided a photo of the delivery- ahem, NOT my porch guys!

Yeah, I can just imagine how happy the recipients of your package were...
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,964 Times in 1,130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kath_ View Post
    I was considering ordering from them again but am now hesitant after hearing they have really gone downhill in customer service.
    I’ve ordered a quick ship T8 from them before for my ball and it was amazing. Easily the best quality enclosure I’ve ever had, despite the wait time of about three months.

I think I saw somewhere that their lead times for all enclosures are between 18-36 weeks but had also heard other people say they haven’t gotten their order in over a year. Also heard some feedback that their customer service was pretty much nonexistent; emails don’t work and the only way you can get updates is by calling repeatedly for multiple days in a row.

It makes me sad and disappointed if this is true because they really do have amazing products but I’m no longer sure if it’s worth the trouble.

Any recent experiences with them or insight would be super helpful! Thank you so much!
    I swapped to talking serpents for this reason. My first few orders years ago from AP were amazing! But I had ordered a couple 'quick ship' items a few years after and it took a year and a half to get here. TS on the other hand has a turnaround time of 4-6 weeks
    i-m-snek on tumblr
    Spazhime on reddit
    Hardy Reptiles on facebook

The one and only

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spazhime For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (07-26-2023),Caitlin (07-26-2023),Homebody (07-26-2023),OatBoii (07-26-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 572 Posts
    Do have a bit of a genuine criticism this time. One of my PVCs I ordered to come with a set of casters. All there is to "attach" them are very shallow depressions on the underside of the enclosure that you simply shove them into. I had to add double-sided duct tape because they were so loosely attached that the slightest movement had half of them popping out almost instantly.
    Last edited by Snagrio; 08-07-2023 at 09:40 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snagrio For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-07-2023),Homebody (08-07-2023)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123