Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,783

3 members and 2,780 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Scott L. (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,574
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397

Threaded View

Thanks

Tell me about mites...

Okay - first off, neither of my two snakes have mites. I am making this post because I have the opportunity to adopt two female ball pythons who are/were being treated for mites.

They've apparently been brought to the vet and treated and the current owner says that she doesn't see any more mites on them. She said she has cleaned their enclosures thoroughly as well. I realize that if I bring these snakes home that they will need to be quarantined (as any new critter should be) and I will also be continuing mite treatment/prevention.

This is all very much an IF situation still. As I am new to keeping Ball Pythons. I wanted to ask what you guys think about this situation? If you were me, would you pass on taking these two? Or would you take them and try to get them all fixed up?

I have been reading about provent-a-mite (which seems to be a little harder to come by here in Ontario, Canada) or nix crème rinse (the easier of the two to find) - can I get some insight and opinions on these two products? Or some recommendations? How long does it take to generally get rid of a mite problem? I have my current two balls in my living room - if I were to take these other two and quarantine them in a separate room - would that be sufficient or is that too risky?

I am very much up in the air on if I should do this or not - opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks friends!

Last edited by Opaque; 07-02-2023 at 06:59 PM.