Quote Originally Posted by Homebody View Post
So, you're saying that you pull her out of the enclosure for exercise and enrichment because if you didn't she'd just sit there. In my limited experience as a keeper, that's hard for me to imagine. Both my ball python and my Children's python would take the opportunity to escape through an open door. Not always. Sometimes they'd stay put, but they'd both come out eventually. Maybe, you just need to be more patient.
I mean, she would just sit there. For hours. Her enclosure door is open? She doesn't move from her hide. I have a carpet who will definitely come out of his enclosure if is opened, he is always on the move and willing to explore. Same goes with another one of my boas. But, I have never seen this from Scarl, if I only handled her when she was out in the open or at the front of her enclosure, I would have never handled her in the entire time i've had her (besides from when she was first settling into her qt tub, but I wasn't handling in the first week I got her).
She's not hissing or striking, for that matter even tense when I am getting her from her enclosure or handling. She is calm when she's out, and seems to be comfortable in my presence.
So unless you mean more patient by waiting for days with her enclosure door open (which isn't even possible because I'd need to supervise it) then I don't know what else I can do.