Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,070

0 members and 3,070 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,132
Threads: 248,575
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RelentlessPanda

Thread: ASFs keep dying

Threaded View

Thanks

ASFs keep dying

1,5 week ago I bought 16 ASFs 4M/12F I also bought appropriate mice feed and black sunflower seeds and dried mealworms in addition of feeding them fresh meal worms

However, upon transferring the ASFs from the travel container into their lab bin. I saw that one ASFs was on the brink of death and it died the same day. I take good care of my little buddies, and 1,5 week later the death count is 6. What the heck is happening!?

Why are they dying like flies, look I do not care if a few drop when I have a colony going or whatever, but right now I’m just starting out and actually need to get my first litter to keep it going. But with the massive death rate I facing right now. I wondering if I will see my first litter.

I’m aware that there is a possibility that a few drop, but 6 within a time span of 2 weeks! That can not be normal, or is it? I’m not aware of their age, but I weight one and it was around 30gr/1.05oz I will add a picture, based on the weight I assume they are around 1,5 month old.

Link of screenshot:

https://ibb.co/Q9B046G

Last edited by Bogertophis; 04-06-2023 at 10:22 PM.