Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,500

1 members and 2,499 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,126
Threads: 248,571
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Stephendici

Thread: Rainbow vs BCI

Threaded View

Thanks

Rainbow vs BCI

Hello Again Boa Lovers!

I found a lovely Hypo Labyrinth Het Moonglow BCI for sale that is an absolute beauty! Better yet her mother (both parents) aren’t too massive (under 7 foot) which would be an ideal size for my future Boa. Originally I was planning on getting a male because I didn’t want to have to house a 12 foot snake or worry about any mid-size dog I will eventually get. Don’t worry I don’t plan on my reptiles having a social cohabitation with any fuzzy pets I’d own but stuff happens.

Before I pull the trigger on this LONG term commitment I wanted to ask you guys…

Who’s got a better temperament or more rewarding social/handable animal? The BCI or Rainbow?

I know both have the potential to be nippy when young but I want a snek that is a dream to handle and to always be a soothing element to my life.
    Also a species holding it’s beauty and color/pattern integrity as it ages is important. Sounds shallow but my home is like an art installation project. Hell my whole world (including myself!) is like a color saturated performance art piece so my pets need to stay in theme so to speak. This is definitely strong trait when it comes to going with a Rainbow.

I absolutely love both of these animals but my BCI experience is positive and sadly I’ve witnessed how forgiving a BCI to husbandry mistakes and total neglect
    So their hardiness is a plus!

In the past I’ve know several people who’ve come back from expos to quickly kill off their new BRB which has always kept the idea of fragility heavy on this decision to get my own.

Aesthetically and size I’m absolutely enamored with everything about Rainbows! Plus probably like a lot of you as a child I was Anaconda obsessed. So how frigging cool would it be to have a mini psychedelic Anaconda!

The more research I’m getting into I’m realizing I can handle the BRB husbandry and humidity needs. Just my only concern is getting the right sitter for them if I do any extended vacations down the road.

Considering I don’t have the opportunity to spend time with some adult examples of either species I need some advice. I probably would not need to bother the board if I could spend more one on one time with these lovelies.

So I appreciate any feedback. But right now I feel like I am putting the breaks on getting a new serpent since this will most certainly be my last snake/reptile unless my next significant other is an owner or enthusiast. Then I could be very well easily persuaded - lol

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 03-26-2023 at 01:11 PM.