Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,994

0 members and 2,994 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,112
Threads: 248,550
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NxtGenExotics
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Thanks
    Thank you both so much for the info, and thank you Opaque for the compliment! I also think Ziggy is gorgeous

I'll be sure to look for weaned/fuzzy rats. I have I think 1 or 2 more adult mice left in the freezer, so when it comes time, I'll investigate getting some quails and finding something of an appropriate size for him. Thank you for also letting me know about that common behaviour. As always, I appreciate you all the very thorough answers you give c:
    1.0 50% Hypo Morelia Bredli "Ziggy Ure"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OatBoii For This Useful Post:

Gio (06-22-2023)

Thanks
    Show us some updates!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mistery510 For This Useful Post:

Homebody (Yesterday)

Thanks
    A bit late, but I am indeed here to post some updates!

Ziggy has been doing incredibly well for me. He has never once refused a meal for me, and he’s been a dream! I don’t think he’s ever hiss or struck at me except for the very first day he came home.

As of about two months ago, he weighed in about 210g. In the last ~4-5 months he’s been going through a bit of a growth spurt, and he’s beginning to develop the darker lines on his back half! I swear nobody except for me can notice it, but perhaps ya’ll can notice it as well?

Pictures!

He’s a gorgeous snake C: I’m glad to have him. He loves to hang out on top of his branches/inside of the log, and you can see in one of these pictures that he’s directly post-shed (the shed is in the back right, around the dowel I use to elevate his probes). That’s from a few months ago though. Here’s a picture of me handling him briefly for a clean- it’s a fairly rare occurrence, as he’s still quite nervous being handled, but he’s also still quite small. I don’t blame him, he must think I’m very scary. He is very interested in investigating me and coming out to look whenever I open his tank for water changes/spot cleaning though. It’s neat, watching him slither out and up to me. I don’t want to break that trust/interest in me though, so I try to only handle him when necessary for deep cleans.

It is nice to see him in better lighting though. However, just last night, Ziggy had a near perfect shed! I was able to even see the eye caps, and spread it out over our table (don’t mind the mess- this is our hobby table, for Warhammer/D&D).

That table is about four feet long, so Ziggy is just shy of that now! This also means he’s about to outgrow his 36x18 already Luckily for me however, he’s not quite there yet. I’m estimating about six months before he’ll need to be moved up to a larger viv, which is just about perfect. I’ll be graduating in 2 weeks, and looking for a long-term job, and then my Fiance will be graduating at the end of summer, so we’ll be looking to move around roughly August in 3 months. After we move, I’ll have the space to get him a larger viv (I’m hoping for a 6’), and then the goal is to get it perhaps around Christmas time? There’s a shop about an hour away from me that makes custom (PVC and melamine) cages, so that’s the plan. Though I’ve heard melamine isn’t the best material- perhaps it could work in my case since my humidity requirements are so low?

And then the fun part once he’s upgraded- finding a new friend to put in the old cage! Anyways, that’s all I’ve got for today. See you again in… uh… well, whenever!
    1.0 50% Hypo Morelia Bredli "Ziggy Ure"

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OatBoii For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (Yesterday),Homebody (Yesterday)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456