Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,059

0 members and 3,059 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,577
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 9,723 Times in 3,873 Posts

Ferry and Ezzy Have a New Home

As many of you know, I have been having health issues for a long time. Things have gotten worse of late and I made a decision to re-home Ezzy (Leachie) and Ferry (Chewie).

The thread below chronicles my decision making process and what has been going on.

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...iles-right-now

They went to a great home today at Riverside Reptiles Education Center in Enfield, CT. https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...ight=riverside

They will be well cared for, be involved in education programs, etc. and I will get to visit them.

They were my highest work and least reward reptiles. That is why I chose to re-home them. I still have 9 reptiles right now. 7 snakes and 2 lizards.

Things already seem more manageable, but I would be lying if I said I didn't miss them and feel some guilt and ambivalence. I know it's for the best for all, and we will see what I want to do down the road, but for now, this makes the most sense.

The extra room in the reptile area will be great when the basement is finally completed/repaired (soon). I might actually be able to hang out in that area and really have a nice place to watch and spend time with everyone. The tanks were all against walls opposite each other and now I can make and "L" with the 6X2' tank stack against one wall and the 4X2' stack against the back wall. That will leave the opposite wall free for a chair, supplies, etc. It was very crowded down there.

Again, I know I did the right thing and I am relieved for me and happy for them, but all change can be difficult.

Thank you again to everyone who responded to my previous post and gave their support. It meant a lot to me. I want to be the best reptile parent I can be.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

bcr229 (12-10-2021),Bogertophis (12-10-2021),Erie_herps (12-11-2021),Homebody (12-11-2021),jmcrook (12-10-2021),richardhind1972 (12-11-2021),WrongPython (12-11-2021)