Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,163

1 members and 1,162 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,581
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Re: Citron Suntiger Reticulated python....

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Yes, you have time to really design what you want, what will be safe for the animal, & sturdy for many years to come. And able to be moved, for sure.

As I thought about the greenhouse you thought about buying, I just remembered how metal sheds always are too- on the inside, where people can't/won't reach, there's always sharp edges exposed. They don't finish such things because it saves money- if they want to sell their product, the cost has to be competitive with other similar things on the market.

You weren't wrong to "think outside the box" for something you could easily repurpose for a snake home, but you always have to be on guard so you don't overlook design flaws- things that don't matter when products are used as intended, but things that can be very unsafe for your (our) purposes in keeping animals.
    I really was thinking about the shape of the structure and the room I want to provide her as an adult. Retics are smart and enjoy having choices of height and swimming at times. I almost want to buy a tub shower combo and put a top and shower doors on it and repurpose that but IDK...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyrivers For This Useful Post:

Team Slytherin (12-01-2021)