Any one feed their dog this way? My girlfriend and I went vegan and now she wants to feed our animals accordingly. Snakes will always get rodents. After reading a little on the topic the cats are not going vegan, ever! Lots of info stating dogs can, however the concern of malnutrition with protein, B and D vitamins as well as vital aminos. So supplements are used?
Personally I’m not on the bandwagon because far to many people brag about there dogs health and the vegan diet on social media But I am not convinced it’s the way to go. I don’t eat meat because of my issues with animal cruelty. That’s my moral choice. I have chose to buy humane certified pet foods for my cats and believe that’s how the dogs should be dealt with as well.
Not looking for a debate on the vegan lifestyle just solid facts for and against vegan dog food from people with some experience using it. I want to have the facts and truly understand the risks to the animal. The ASCPA refers to dogs as opportunistic carnivores but cats are considered obligated carnivores. I believe that’s how it’s stated.
Honestly the whole concept really bothers me and manufacturers will skew the truth to promote sales leaving out things like side effects. What does a plant based diet do for dogs?