Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,297

0 members and 2,297 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,573
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Successful Shed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Very cool. It’s always neat to stretch the skins out. You can often still see the patterns, which I find pretty cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Either that or she’s old and lazy. lol
    Yesss! You can see color variations & all. Plus, I just wanted to make sure everything came off in one piece.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Either that or she’s old and lazy. lol
    That's a big possibility. lol

Thanks
    Ah, a Firefly! That does explain the brightness. Already a little charmer at 6 months old!

And LOL @Dianne, it sounds like most of yours also like to play hockey with the poor Acurite. At this point, as long as it isn't blocking anything and I can still read the display, I don't even bother setting it back in place and just let Iggy continue pushing it around. Whatever keeps him entertained ...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedRabbit For This Useful Post:

Dianne (01-02-2019),Shayne (01-02-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 907 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRabbit View Post
    Ah, a Firefly! That does explain the brightness. Already a little charmer at 6 months old!

And LOL @Dianne, it sounds like most of yours also like to play hockey with the poor Acurite. At this point, as long as it isn't blocking anything and I can still read the display, I don't even bother setting it back in place and just let Iggy continue pushing it around. Whatever keeps him entertained ...
    At this point I just flip the Acurite upright or turn it to face the front of the cage and hope for the best. There are times the littlest ones move it halfway across the cage. I only have one per cage, mostly to track humidity and ambient temps. When drug directly under the rhp, kinda misses the point. All of my bp’s rearrange the hides as well...they’re never where I put them. lol
    Other Snakes:
    Hudson 1988 1.0 Colombian rainbow; Yang 2002 1.0 Corn snake; Merlin 2000 1.0 Solomon Island ground boa; Kett 2015 1.0 Diamond Jungle Jaguar carpet python; Dakota 2014 0.0.1 Children’s python

Ball pythons:
    Eli 1990 1.0 Normal; Buttercup 2015 1.0 Albino; Artemis 2015 0.1 Dragonfly; Orion 2015 1.0 Banana Pinstripe; Button 2018 1.0 Blue Eyed Lucy; Piper 2018 0.1 Piebald; Belle 2018 0.1 Lemonblast; Sabrina 2017 0.1 Mojave; Selene 2017 0.1 Banana Mojave; Loki 2018 1.0 Pastel Mystic Potion; Cuervo 2018 1.0 Banana Piebald; Claude 2017 1.0 Albino Pastel Spider; Penelope 2016 0.1 Lesser

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dianne For This Useful Post:

Shayne (01-02-2019)

Thanks

At this point I just flip the Acurite upright or turn it to face the front of the cage and hope for the best. There are times the littlest ones move it halfway across the cage. I only have one per cage, mostly to track humidity and ambient temps. When drug directly under the rhp, kinda misses the point. All of my bp’s rearrange the hides as well...they’re never where I put them. lol
    Haha! I also have just the one Acurite in the tub, for the same purpose. Fortunately, my boy is still small and his hides are on the heavier side, so he hasn't been able to shift those around much. Shayne, you are a lucky individual indeed, if you've got TWO Acurites in there and Monty is still gracious enough to leave them alone!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RedRabbit For This Useful Post:

Shayne (01-02-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RedRabbit View Post
    Haha! I also have just the one Acurite in the tub, for the same purpose. Fortunately, my boy is still small and his hides are on the heavier side, so he hasn't been able to shift those around much. Shayne, you are a lucky individual indeed, if you've got TWO Acurites in there and Monty is still gracious enough to leave them alone!
    Yea, I’ve been told that it isn’t fair for me to have such an awesome snake for the 1st one I’ve ever owned.

Got him from a reptile expo. on Dec. 8th and when we got there, I told my wife I just need some time to interact one-on-one for about 20 min. to see if I can pick up on a “vibe”. 10 min. into handling Monty I knew he was meant for me. We weren’t there maybe 30 minutes. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Carpe' Diem

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shayne For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-02-2019),Dianne (01-02-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Successful Shed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shayne View Post
    Yea, I’ve been told that it isn’t fair for me to have such an awesome snake for the 1st one I’ve ever owned.

That's probably just a touch of jealousy ....

I started with a 'normal' then progressed through to a Pastel , Mohave/Mojave , Lesser Platinum , Pastave then a pair of unrelated HC Albinos

Took me years to get to my Hi White Pied

There just weren't as many options or brilliant paint jobs around but if I was starting up today I'd probably have chosen the one you got !!

Last edited by Zincubus; 01-02-2019 at 04:13 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

Shayne (01-02-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    That's probably just a touch of jealousy ....

I started with a 'normal' then progressed through to a Pastel , Mohave/Mojave , Lesser Platinum , Pastave then a pair of unrelated HC Albinos

Took me years to get to my Hi White Pied

There just weren't as many options or brilliant paint jobs around but if I was starting up today I'd probably have chosen the one you got !!

Wow! That’s an impressive collection! Are you a breeder?

Thanks! I do love my lil’ buddy. He grew on me instantly.

Carpe' Diem

Thanks

Got him from a reptile expo. on Dec. 8th and when we got there, I told my wife I just need some time to interact one-on-one for about 20 min. to see if I can pick up on a “vibe”. 10 min. into handling Monty I knew he was meant for me. We weren’t there maybe 30 minutes. lol

I love seeing a "love at first sight" pet story like yours! I definitely had a similar experience, though the reptile show I attended was in mid-October. I browsed from table to table for quite a while, and saw and handled several awesome snakes - but none of them "clicked" until Iggy was plopped into my hands, and immediately periscoped his little head up to look at me. Instantly smitten. Like you said, just the right vibe.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedRabbit For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-02-2019),Shayne (01-02-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Successful Shed!

Wow! That’s an impressive collection! Are you a breeder?

Thanks! I do love my lil’ buddy. He grew on me instantly.

Na never been interested in breeding ( well not snakes anyway lol)
    I see something beautiful and find a way of getting it .. in the past I had a nucleus of keepers and others that were bought cheap or small and were traded over the years .
    I had 24 now I'm down to 7.
    Snow Boa , the pair of Albino royals , the Hi White Pied , a King x Milk hybrid , my first Corn snake and a hatching Coastal King

I won't cram your thread with pics of mine , just my Pied which you may like ..

Last edited by Zincubus; 01-02-2019 at 07:53 AM.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

Dianne (01-02-2019),scarThePiedBall (01-02-2019),Shayne (01-02-2019)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast