Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,542

0 members and 2,542 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,573
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
    Thanks

pinky possibly too big?

so my hoggy ive had her for two weeks now, this is my 4th time attempting to feed, been trying every 3 days except my last try was a 5-6 days ago, the past few days shes been extremely active always out and slithering around. i figured shed be hungry today, i showed her the pinky (she hissed) then i set it on the bare bottom of the tank and she didnt show any interest at first then ive seen her a couple times try to coil around the pinky and it seems like either shes struggling to bite it or cant figure out how to. this is the pinky compared to her (no this isnt the placement of it now, i accidentally dropped it and figured id get the picture for comparison) its not the best picture but. also shes 10 grams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 824 Posts
    I think she can do it. I just upscaled to fuzzies with my rosy that is also small and I was scared he wouldn't take it but he gobbled it up like it was nothing. Let us know if she takes it. Good luck to her!
    1.0 ♂ 2010 Spider BP 'Dante'
    1.0 ♂ 2017 Bay of LA Rosy Boa 'Queso'
    0.0.1 2017 Aru GTP 'Ganja'
    1.0 ♂ Blue Tick Coonhound 'Blue'

1.0 ♂ 2018 Basset Hound 'Cooper'

Thanks

Re: pinky possibly too big?

Quote Originally Posted by SDA View Post
    I think she can do it. I just upscaled to fuzzies with my rosy that is also small and I was scared he wouldn't take it but he gobbled it up like it was nothing. Let us know if she takes it. Good luck to her!
    she tried nibbling at it from the side, she keeps giving up then going back 20 mins later hahaha its adorable

Thanks

I had a horrible time getting my hoggy to eat when I first got her. It got to the point of where I was assist feeding her mouse tails. The reason why I say this is that she was down to about 5 grams. Once I got the right scent she was able to eat a pinky with some struggle. Definitely left a lump but she was able to keep it down. My issue was the scent, or lack there of, that I was using. I'm sure Deborah will be along shortly to give you the best advice.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cron14 View Post
    I had a horrible time getting my hoggy to eat when I first got her. It got to the point of where I was assist feeding her mouse tails. The reason why I say this is that she was down to about 5 grams. Once I got the right scent she was able to eat a pinky with some struggle. Definitely left a lump but she was able to keep it down. My issue was the scent, or lack there of, that I was using. I'm sure Deborah will be along shortly to give you the best advice.
    im not too worried yet, shes shown interest all throughout the day, if she doesnt eat it ill weigh her tomorrow to see if she has lost any weight, i think shes having trouble because she hasnt ate in 2+ weeks, i dont know

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baldegale View Post
    im not too worried yet, shes shown interest all throughout the day, if she doesnt eat it ill weigh her tomorrow to see if she has lost any weight, i think shes having trouble because she hasnt ate in 2+ weeks, i dont know

she’s extremely active now too, constantly moving, every time she sees me she comes to the front, been in and out of burrowing, and out of the 4 attempts this is her first time showing actual interest

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    Have you been handling her?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Have you been handling her?
    no i havent been. i did a couple times when i first got her but havent handled her in a week/week and a half except to weigh her. i tried feeding again today and she seems really lethargic unless i go up to the tub. she was even laying with the pinky for like 20-30 minutes, not striking at it coiling it or anything just chilling next to it.