So, My 8yr old son told me he wants us to get a Tokay Gecko. I think he saw it on Wild Kratts or something, but he is mildly obsessed with this lizard. He has watched shows about them, looked for library books on them, had me show him photos and read him stuff from the internet on them, etc. We've been talking about one for about 4 months now. We went to an expo when I got my BP and he saw one there and it's been downhill ever since. lol.

Have any of you ever owned one? Any advice? I've read they aren't too bad, but not the best lizard to have for handling... not like a leopard gecko or a beardie may be. I'd much rather hear from someone who has one or has had them as to their feelings towards them.

Obviously, my son getting a lizard, ultimately means, I'm actually getting a lizard for him to look at once in a while. I have a 2'x2'x14" pvc enclosure with a UTH and CHE that is sitting unused right now, so I'm sure I could make a home for one, unless that's too big. With my bp, I've got some experience with maintaining heat and humidity, so I'm not too worried about the husbandry aspect. Just wanted to get some opinions on the Tokay.

thank you,
Jason