Yep so that's pretty much my zoo. I have 3 cresties (Who are sensitive to temperatures above 80), one leopard gecko (Seemingly indestructible rescue), a 2 year old BCI, a 10 year old 6 pound female ball python, two yearling ball pythons, an adult baja gopher snake, and two 8 month old baird's ratsnakes.

I have enough snake bags for the ball pythons, gopher, and boa. The ratsnakes are still thin little noodles so I'm probably going to buy either some mini critter keepers or melt some small holes in some cheapie food containers. The leopard gecko has a critter keeper of her own. I need to buy containers for my cresties (2 adults one 6 month old).

The car ride is about 2-3 hours. Advice on making sure everyone gets to their destination totally safe? We won't have the option of moving cages first, we'll have to do setup immediately when we get to the new house. I'm not particularly worried about the yearling-and-older snakes, but I am worried about the crested geckos due to their temperature sensitivity and the Baird's because they're so small. Small bodies heat up quicker than big bodies. I have a small styrofoam cooler from when I had my boa shipped that I think all 3 cresties will fit in; I was thinking about placing them in cups, then the cooler, then the lid on, and keep everyone in the front seat since temperatures don't regulate well. I'm a little paranoid after my female crestie died quite suddenly and her necropsy didn't show anything out of place.

As for the other snakes; how should I "pack" them? I'm not worried about temperature for them, just comfort/no stress. Is bagging them and placing them in the same box or cooler with wadded/shredded paper for cushioning enough? One of the yearlings is a problem feeder so minimizing stress is very important to his health. I've never had more than one large snake shipped so I don't know how multiples are packed.

I'm not worried about the leo. If she can survive her first home without heat, then later a heat pad without a thermostat, metabolic bone disease, plus being starved and passing something like 2 teaspoons of impacted sand...I think she can survive the temperature fluctuations of an air conditioned car now that she's fed and healthy. And she's fearless. I'll probably just toss a cloth over her keeper.