Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,225

0 members and 3,225 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Temp control who live in remote areas/ waiting for thermostat etc.

Many people have done the research about the care of a BP. Poorly guided people who live in remote regions can feel even more frustration. They did the research but something may be missed. It isn't worth placing blame.

I have lived in places where even a simple heat lamp and finding bulbs involves a 6 hour one way driving trip to purchase. Even the most expensive, fastest shipping may mean a 7 day delay.

Many of these places are in the north, high arctic for Canada. Such places often have a store, any type of store, that sells time delay plug-ins meant for plugging in the block heater of your vehicle. Those places may have car battery blankets in stock. These can be great to help keep temps in the safest ball python temps possible until something better finally shows up in the mail. A car battery warmer wrapped around the tank or placed under it may work great if the power goes out.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Monty's_Mom For This Useful Post:

anicatgirl (06-02-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts
    Is this in reference to something?

Having to drive 6 hours for a bulb or fixture is just bad planning. I have always kept spares of everything. This way when something burns out I pop in the back up and then buy a new back up. If I was way out in nowhere I would simply buy enough to have a good supply on hand so I wouldn't have to worry about it. Or better yet get a nice pvc cage with a rhp and uth. I only use bulbs on one tank now and it is very nice not having to worry about them burning out while Im away.

Also in a pinch a regular incandescent bulb will work. Its better than nothing.

Being in Texas I don't know anything about a car battery blanket. We do have plenty of trucks and I have seen my share or core warmers but these always plugged into the wall. Do these blankets you are talking about not? They hook to the battery? How hot do they get when indoors?
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

Thanks
    Thanked 9,863 Times in 4,780 Posts
    Buy it cheap, stack it deep. I'm kind of on the edge of suburban/rural and typically if I have to order one of something that's consumable, I'll just go ahead and get 2-3 depending on the price. Not only does it save on shipping but two is one, one is none...