Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,857

3 members and 1,854 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,568
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Riverrun

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts
    I understand your frustration with the urates. Sometimes my big Coastal Carpets will drop little dabs of urates in 5 or 6 different spots.

And then it really gets annoying when they do it a few days in a row.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    Heck last night, Caesar thought it would be fun to drop little poo balls in sort of a line across the back of the cage. Then he sat in his cool hide. Once I cleaned them, he came out and went and sat over on the flexwatt behind his warm hide and stared at me lol.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

CloudtheBoa (02-22-2017)

BPnet Senior Member CloudtheBoa's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 620 Posts

Re: Riverrun

Well I ordered an XL hide and that was definitely not the size of River's other hides, her's must be the Large ones. Oh well, at least I'll have a back up when she does outgrow her other hides (if she hasn't already). I'll order another one for her soon.

And yeah her poops actually aren't that bad but there's always millions of teeny tiny pieces of urates strewn everywhere across her bedding. Most are too small to pick up. I think what happens is she lays a urate and breaks it up frantically crawling around. Or she just takes really tiny multiple urates for whatever reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    8.3 Boa imperator ('15 sunglow "Nymeria," '11 normal "Cloud," '16 anery motley "Crona," '10 ghost "Howl," '08 jungle "Dominika," '22 RC pastel hypo jungle "Aleister," '22 pastel normal "Gengar," '22 orangasm hypo "Daemon," '22 poss jungle "Jinzo," '22 poss jungle "Calcifer," '22 motley "Guin")
    1.4 Boa imperator; unnamed '22 hbs
    3.3 Plains garter snakes
    1.2 checkered garter snakes (unnamed)

~RIP~
    2.2 Brazilian rainbow boa ('15 Picasso stripe BRBs "Guin" and "Morzan, and '15 hypo "Homura", '14 normal "Sanji")
    1.0 garter snake ('13 albino checkered "Draco")
    1.0 eastern garter ('13 "Demigod)
    0.0.1 ball python ('06 "Bud")

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CloudtheBoa For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (02-22-2017)

Thanks
    Haha, Caesar dropped an ungodly urate 2 days ago. The thing was like 2" wide and almost 2" high. Luckily he ran from it and sat in his cool hide until I cleaned it. That seems to be his MO. He drops deuces and urates around the back of the cage and then hides in cool hide until I clean it. Then he comes out and cruises around. I actually just ordered 4 of the RBI jumbo hides last night. Two for Caesar and two for Dottie. Supposed to be here next Tuesday but we'll see. When I ordered the 2 medium hides for Luna, they were like 3 days late.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Haha, Caesar dropped an ungodly urate 2 days ago. The thing was like 2" wide and almost 2" high. Luckily he ran from it and sat in his cool hide until I cleaned it. That seems to be his MO. He drops deuces and urates around the back of the cage and then hides in cool hide until I clean it. Then he comes out and cruises around. I actually just ordered 4 of the RBI jumbo hides last night. Two for Caesar and two for Dottie. Supposed to be here next Tuesday but we'll see. When I ordered the 2 medium hides for Luna, they were like 3 days late.
    Well when they get there don't be too surprised by how huge they are on him...I think River finally outgrew her Large hides as she immediately went in her XL hide when I put it in and has been laying on top of the Larges rather than in them for a few days now. She's 8' and the XL hides are reaaally roomy for her. I think a jumbo hide MIGHT fit Dominika, if the entryway is big enough to accommodate her girth.

8.3 Boa imperator ('15 sunglow "Nymeria," '11 normal "Cloud," '16 anery motley "Crona," '10 ghost "Howl," '08 jungle "Dominika," '22 RC pastel hypo jungle "Aleister," '22 pastel normal "Gengar," '22 orangasm hypo "Daemon," '22 poss jungle "Jinzo," '22 poss jungle "Calcifer," '22 motley "Guin")
    3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~
    2.2 Brazilian rainbow boa ('15 Picasso stripe BRBs "Guin" and "Morzan, and '15 hypo "Homura", '14 normal "Sanji")

Thanks
    Yeah, when I looked at the measurments of the larges compared to the jumbos, it was only about 4" inches bigger so should give Caesar some room as he doesn't seem to be much of a hider anyways. He always is instantly popping out of the hide and coming to the front whenever his cage or any cage under his is opened. The jumbos will fit Dottie as the larges are pretty small on her now. She can fit in them but its a very tight fit and most of the time 1/4 of her is poking out from under it haha.

Thanks

I had to rehome River a few years ago. The trailer we were living in was literally rotting around us and there was no sign of being able to move in sight. I didn’t have the room to upgrade her cage so I figured I should probably rehome her. She was 12’ when I sold her, and now he estimates her to be 18’. If she is, 18’ is a lot smaller than I was envisioning. Lol But she’s still definitely a massive snake, hopefully she’s done growing.

I wasn’t totally sure I would be getting her back, but he listed her up for sale I wanna say 3 years later, and I had to jump on her. I didn’t want her to go to a rando and lose track of her. I don’t have a big cage built yet but I plan to buy and build it board by board. My plan rn is 12’x3’ and either 4’ or 5’ tall so it can be mostly walk in. I’m really short so 5’ would be enough clearance with barely a head tilt lol

He kept immaculate care of her, not a scale out of place, no illnesses, and kept a very reasonable girth. He’s had her on a 6-8 lb rabbit or pig every 3-4 weeks, but depending on how she holds her weight I may go to a 2 month schedule. She gained a little noticeable thickness on the 8 lb rabbit I gave her.

She peed yesterday so I got her out to clean her cage and rinse her off. This is her in a 38 gal tote, still with a fat tail waiting to drop a load. istg if she pooped while I slept/while at work right after all that work that would be just my luck. Lmao I wasn’t going to force her to sit in her pee and see, though.

When I first brought her home, I opened up her tub and she crawled right into her cage without so much as a touch from the hook lol She didn’t really want to come out for cleaning, but she came with very little protesting. I had my bf on standy in case I needed his help wrangling her in the tub, but she ended up being easy enough on my own. She has always been that way, though, I am super lucky with her. One in a million snake, and why I was glad for the chance to get her back. Once in her holding tub she did give me some hissing breaths and bucks but she pretty much just sat there the whole time once she was in and didn’t even try to get out. I thought pouring in the warm soap water would get more of a reaction, but she just tensed up and gave me one small short hiss once I was done. Lmao

I just want to stare at her and touch her all day. She unfortunately doesn’t want anything to do with me touching her even though she tolerates it. Staring she’s ok with, she’s just as interested in me. And surprisingly, her feeding response has gone way down too. I used to have to go at her with the the hook for 5+ mins, but a few taps on the face and a push or two and she was fine. She wouldn’t let me pull a coil with the hook, but once I used my hands she was fine.

I really want to get her outside and let her crawl around outside, too. I’m both excited and nervous about that. When she was younger and smaller, if she was left to crawl in the grass on her own she would quickly turn demeanor and try to dash or get defensive. He assures me he lets her crawl outside and she’s gotten much calmer but I remember her pretending to be a cobra at 4’ (she calmed down quickly once I backed off and let her crawl off, then I was able to immediately pick her up and she calmed down as I held her), and her temperament shifts at 9’-10’, so not sure how I’ll go about it yet. I do have 4 acres now, so maybe if she gets all worked up she’ll tire herself out pretty quickly.

3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CloudtheBoa For This Useful Post:

BeansTheDerp (11-13-2023),Bogertophis (11-13-2023),EL-Ziggy (11-27-2023),Homebody (11-13-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,899 Times in 11,890 Posts
    Wow, that is some beautiful & IMPRESSIVE serpent! She's really got her glow on too! I'm glad she found her way back to you, though I'm not one bit jealous, really. Too much snake for me.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 11-13-2023 at 10:51 AM.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

CloudtheBoa (11-14-2023)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Wow, that is some beautiful & IMPRESSIVE serpent! She's really got her glow on too! I'm glad she found her way back to you, though I'm not one bit jealous, really. Too much snake for me.
    I was definitely impressed by her size when I saw her myself. Lol She was ~6-7 years old and 12’ when I sold her, and now ~18’ at just over 9 years old. One heckuva growth spurt that goes to show how hard it is to stunt snakes. (Which I also have an MBK I got at 3-4 years old barely bigger than a hatchling and is now 5’+.)

3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CloudtheBoa For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (11-14-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,504 Times in 2,692 Posts

River is indeed one very impressive specimen CtB and I love how you two got back together. 😀
    3.0 Carpet Pythons, 1.1 Bullsnakes
    1.0 Olive Python 1.0 Scrub Python,
    1.0 BI, 0.1 BCO

16. The Following User Says Thank You to EL-Ziggy For This Useful Post:

CloudtheBoa (11-28-2023)

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast