Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,214

1 members and 3,213 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Recommend a TV series !!'

Edited version

Just watching Peaky Blinders from the start ..... it's a fairly recent program 2013 I think , so there's only TWO series of 6 eps so far .
    This is a truly amazing series IMHO . Over the years I've raved about The Sopranos , The Wire , Breaking Bad , Mad Men , The Tudors , Deadwood and more recently Boardwalk Empire , True Detective , Game of Thrones and Vikings BUT this is possibly my favourite of ALL !!

Superb , writing , cast , acting , photography , locations everything is just to my taste . Even the background music is wonderful ...

Best of all its "based" on real people and real events rather like Boardwalk Empire and Deadwood .
    Last edited by Zincubus; 03-17-2015 at 05:06 AM.

Thanks
    Whitechapel is one of my favourites, based in London with a great cast and the way they tell the stories are great. Too short in all, but well worth the watch!

Orange is the new black is incredible, Netflix original! The cast is so perfect, has me in stitches every episode!

Any Louis Theroux series is awesome, one of the best journalists going in my opinion.

There is just far too much TV to watch! I cannot wait for Game of Thrones to come back, that is such an awesome program!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I own:
    1.0 Reduced Normal Ball Python [Peter]
    0.1 Harlequin Crestie [Amelia]

The other half owns:
    1.0 Orange Dalmatian Crestie [Archie]
    0.1 Golden Dalmatian Crestie [Banana]

Thanks

Recommend a TV series !!'

Quote Originally Posted by George1994 View Post
    Whitechapel is one of my favourites, based in London with a great cast and the way they tell the stories are great. Too short in all, but well worth the watch!

Orange is the new black is incredible, Netflix original! The cast is so perfect, has me in stitches every episode!

Any Louis Theroux series is awesome, one of the best journalists going in my opinion.

There is just far too much TV to watch! I cannot wait for Game of Thrones to come back, that is such an awesome program!
    Just started watching Game of Thrones AGAIN , from the start Sky On Demand ... Series 1 - episode 2 tonight
    Last edited by Zincubus; 03-17-2015 at 05:38 AM.

Thanks

Re: Recommend a TV series !!'

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Just started watching Game of Thrones AGAIN , from the start Sky On Demand ... Series 1 - episode 2 tonight
    I have them all downloaded on my PC, might start again so it is fresh in the memory in prep for the new series!
    I own:
    1.0 Reduced Normal Ball Python [Peter]
    0.1 Harlequin Crestie [Amelia]

The other half owns:
    1.0 Orange Dalmatian Crestie [Archie]
    0.1 Golden Dalmatian Crestie [Banana]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by George1994 View Post
    I have them all downloaded on my PC, might start again so it is fresh in the memory in prep for the new series!
    I was amazed just how many characters / situations were introduced / appeared in the very first episode ....and it was still riveting .

Thanks
    Besides those that were named already, I really enjoyed Broadchurch. Really compelling storyline.

My favorite show is Supernatural. The first 5 seasons are fantastic. The past 5 seasons have been hit or miss. Some good, and some it seemed like the writers threw darts at a dartboard to see what would stick.
    The collection is growing:
    1.0 Dumerils Boa (Khardeen), 0.1 Spider Ball Python (Charlotte), 0.1 Pastel Ball Python (Serenity), 1.1 Mojave Ball Python (Atreyu, Starr), 1.0 Black Pastel Ball python (Vader), 0.1 Enchi Champagne Ball Python (Monroe), 1.0 Enchi Ball Python (Apollo), 1.0 Citrus pastel yellowbelly ball python (Mellow Yellow), 1.1 Fire ball pythons (Fuego, Pele), 0.1 Pinstripe ball python (Vera), 1.0 Pastel Calico ball python (Monty the python), 1.0 X-Gene ball python (Wesley), 0.1 Butter X-Gene ball python (Buttercup), 0.1 Bumble Bee ball python (Honeycomb), 1.1 Red Blood Pythons (Armond, Mina), 1.1 Matrix Red Blood Python (no name, Trinity), 0.1 Splotched Sinaloan Milksnake (Lilith), 1.0 Albino Honduran Milksnake (Boros), 1.0 Desert Kingsnake (Crowley- King of Hell), 0.1 Banded Albino Kingsnake (Rhapsody)

Thanks
    I heartily enjoyed Peaky Blinders, the points you made about it are spot on. I am a huge Justified fan, so I always recommend that. Whitechapel as well, the first season is a retelling of the Jack the Ripper story but in our time. I really got into the British spy thriller show The Game, it was in the same vein as Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. Cerebral and lot so of plot development plus each episode had a HUGE twist that prompted a return to the show the next week. It's much better than most of the other spy shows out right now.
    1.0.0 Black Pastel (Temeraire)
    1.1.0 Lesser (Samaranth & Pandora)
    0.1.0 Normal (Nefertiti)
    1.1.0 Normal?Rescues (Jeffrey & Juggernaut)

Thanks

OMG. Just started watching the Italian gangster series called Gomorrah . It's as good as Romanzo Criminale just set in modern times . Absolutely amazing !

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts
    The best I've seen in a long time is Banshee on Cinemax. They pack sooo much storyline and action in one hour it is unreal. You are left craving MORE!

For me, the raw sex is a bit much, but usually doesn't last too long. The only small negative.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My wife has been binge watching 'Crossing Jordan' lately. I have to stop walking through the living room because I end up getting caught up in the story, sit down and start watching and never getting anything done.
    Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast