Hi guys!
My attempts to breed from my Russian blue dumbos were unsuccessful.. I just waited too long to start attempting breeding and it appears that the females are infertile at this point (I'm still hoping that my last pairing attempt will yield a pregnancy.. I should be able to determine that by next week).

I've been in contact with a breeder on FB and will be picking up some new rats from her this Saturday at the Dixie reptile show in Atlanta. She is from North Carolina, so I am very happy that she could meet at the show. If anyone else happens to be attending and is interested, her rattery name on FB is "twisted whiskers". She was breeding feeders (separate line) and pets, but I believe she is getting out of feeders to concentrate on pet lines. She also keeps snakes, so won't hate on you for that.

I will be getting 2 trios, all young (so that I can work with them as they get older and decide from there who to breed from). The colors and genders are as follows:
M: Russian Dove vaerigated dumbo
F: Russian Dove dumbo velveteen irish
F: Russian Silver headspot velveteen vaerigated dumbo

M: Russian Cinnamon velveteen dumbo
F: Beige velveteen dumbo
F: Fawn standard ear broken hooded

The first trio seems to have the better head conformation (larger eyes, better head shape) but I'm hoping to improve this in the other trio as well. With this many colors, I should have some interesting genes to play with. I will post pics when I get them.

At present, I am planning on starting breeding at 6 months of age and will begin with 1 litter from each female. I will keep the best 2 pups from each line (1m/1f) to breed from next year. The rest will likely be used as feeders until I feel that the pups are quality enough to offer for sale as pets in my local area. ... Now, I just have to get some rat racks setup to hold growouts lol.