Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,399

3 members and 3,396 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: AP Cages?

Thanks

Re: AP Cages?

Quote Originally Posted by Fraido View Post
    I'm not a big believer in rack systems in general, I like tanks, nice ones. But I don't see the major issue with keeping lizards in racks, if they're a good sized rack, then I think it's fine. I recall a show of Brian's about the leopard gecko breeder, and all of his are in racks, aren't they?
    Anyway, I don't know, everybody has their own opinion as to how things should be done.

If you get a chance read through those links and let me know if your opinion changes. (leopard geckos, i really don't want to speak on because while I disagree with racks, they may be ok because due to their small size, but I really dont know.)
    SNAKES
    1.0 Childrens Python
    LIZARDS
    0.1 B&W Tegu, 1.0 Bearded Dragon, 1.1 IJ Blue Tongue Skinks
    FROGS
    0.0.5 Dendrobates tinctorius 'Citronella'
    DOGS
    1.0 German Sherherd (Timber), 1.0 Wolf/Shepherd (Sabre), 1.0 Chihuahua (Taz), 0.1 Chihuahua (Penny), 0.1 Pitbull (Luna)

Thanks

AP Cages?

Quote Originally Posted by jclaiborne View Post
    If you get a chance read through those links and let me know if your opinion changes. (leopard geckos, i really don't want to speak on because while I disagree with racks, they may be ok because due to their small size, but I really dont know.)
    I get why you think it's essential, and yeah it's a good thing to do, a great way to provent some bad things, but I still think that sub-par substrate can be used quite successfully.
    Last edited by Fraido; 10-30-2014 at 05:48 PM.
    Crawling back into the reptile scene once more!

Thanks
    SNAKES
    1.0 Childrens Python
    LIZARDS
    0.1 B&W Tegu, 1.0 Bearded Dragon, 1.1 IJ Blue Tongue Skinks
    FROGS
    0.0.5 Dendrobates tinctorius 'Citronella'
    DOGS
    1.0 German Sherherd (Timber), 1.0 Wolf/Shepherd (Sabre), 1.0 Chihuahua (Taz), 0.1 Chihuahua (Penny), 0.1 Pitbull (Luna)

Thanks

Re: AP Cages?

Guys let's not argue!I posted here about caging, everyone has different opinions on how to keep their animals, as long as they are healthy and get the love and care they deserve, it's no biggy imo. Zelda gets tons of time out of her cage and has tons of opportunities to dig and do normal lizardy-esque things, I have a tub of the mix JC has stated and I let her play around in it from time to time, though she really doesn't care for it too much. I clean the carpets DAILY with cleaner and soak them in the tub to assure they are clean so she won't get sick, and she has never had an issue, my exotic vet has also said it works for her just fine. Animals are definitely something not to skimp out on when referring to prices and such, I totally get that. She was a rescue from someone who had no clue what she was doing and had 500 dollars of work done on her already because of her improper care as a baby. She has 3 cysts removed and was on meds for 10 days, so clearly shes important to me! When I upgrade her cage to the AP cages I've been considering slate type tile, something with a bit of grit to it so she doesn't slide all over the place.
    1.0 Normal Ball Python

0.2 Leopard geckos

0.1 Bearded Dragon

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234