I just picked up a three year old female clown who weighs just a hair over 1000 grams. I'd like to breed her in maybe January or February if I can. What is a safe amount of weight for her to be able to gain in the interim time frame? I have verified that her previous owner fed her small rats with no set frequency so part of my problem will be to get her to switch to larger feedings as well as changing her to live from f/t. Right now she looks intimidated by a live medium rat so I will scale back to live smalls and start there. I don't want to have her pack on too much weight too quickly though if it is harmful. Is such a thing possible? Or can she just pound back as many rats as she wants between now and then? She came with a three year old het clown male who was 540 grams and who had been fed weanlings with the occasional small here and there. He inhaled a medium last night with no effort. Prior to last night (the day I brought both clowns home) he had been fed two weanlings since August 2nd.