Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,079

1 members and 2,078 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,573
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

I need some info

Heya,

I only have snaks in my collection but i woulod love to add an Tegu or Monitor.

Now i was wondering what species dont get that big? i mean i know argentine and golden tegus get kinda big and need huge terrariums.

i was hoping there is/are nice tegu(s) that would be happy in a terrarium that is 20 inch deep. i can make it as wide and high with almost no limit but the debt cant be more then 20 inch.

hope you guys can help me out

thx

Andrew
    YouTube channel; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCue...yj1vBeeIUZVl2Q

Females;
    Normal 100% het. Hypo, Lesser Pastel, Super Fire, Leopard, Mojave, Pastel het. Piebald, Orange Ghost, Pastel 100% het. Clown, Normal (very clean and reduced patterned) 100% het. Clown, Enchi, Pinstripe, Black Pewter, Albino 100% het. Piebald, Normal 66% ph Hypo, Normal 66% ph Piebald

Males;
    Clown, Super Pastel Calico, HGWG, Pastel 100% het Piebald, Cardamon Fire 50% ph Hypo, Banana, GHI, Cinnamon 66%ph Pieb
    ald

Thanks

Re: I need some info

I recommend a savannah monitor, they only get from 3-4 ft big and will eat almost anything you feed them. They can grow up to 3 inches per month with proper care and are really chill animals as adults

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ARBallMorphs View Post
    Heya,

Now i was wondering what species dont get that big? i mean i know argentine and golden tegus get kinda big and need huge terrariums.

i was hoping there is/are nice tegu(s) that would be happy in a terrarium that is 20 inch deep. i can make it as wide and high with almost no limit but the debt cant be more then 20 inch.

thx

Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowherps View Post
    I recommend a savannah monitor, they only get from 3-4 ft big and will eat almost anything you feed them. They can grow up to 3 inches per month with proper care and are really chill animals as adults
    Did you just recommend that the OP purchase a savannah monitor for a terrarium that is 20" deep?

Thanks

Oh no I missed that part. Nevermind monitors and refuse live to Sig and climb so I would wait until I have appropriate space

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ARBallMorphs View Post
    Heya,

thx

Andrew

A depth of 20 inches is too small for any tegu or monitor
    SNAKES
    1.0 Childrens Python
    LIZARDS
    0.1 B&W Tegu, 1.0 Bearded Dragon, 1.1 IJ Blue Tongue Skinks
    FROGS
    0.0.5 Dendrobates tinctorius 'Citronella'
    DOGS
    1.0 German Sherherd (Timber), 1.0 Wolf/Shepherd (Sabre), 1.0 Chihuahua (Taz), 0.1 Chihuahua (Penny), 0.1 Pitbull (Luna)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jclaiborne View Post
    A depth of 20 inches is too small for any tegu or monitor

What about an ackie?

Thanks

I dont own Ackies, but i know they are incredibly active and 20 inches still seems too narrow, my beardie is in a 2Ft deep cage and he isnt even 2ft long yet
    SNAKES
    1.0 Childrens Python
    LIZARDS
    0.1 B&W Tegu, 1.0 Bearded Dragon, 1.1 IJ Blue Tongue Skinks
    FROGS
    0.0.5 Dendrobates tinctorius 'Citronella'
    DOGS
    1.0 German Sherherd (Timber), 1.0 Wolf/Shepherd (Sabre), 1.0 Chihuahua (Taz), 0.1 Chihuahua (Penny), 0.1 Pitbull (Luna)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jclaiborne View Post
    I dont own Ackies, but i know they are incredibly active and 20 inches still seems too narrow, my beardie is in a 2Ft deep cage and he isnt even 2ft long yet

Thanks for the reply. I'm starting my own moniter/tegu research and this is worth knowing. I'm actually looking at something a bit bigger but I'm still in the planning stages.

Sorry OP for hijacking

Thanks
    Look at the way the post was worded everyone, I believe the OP means 20" front to back as they said they could make it as high or wide as needed. However ackies or other dwarf species are about the only choice available with a 20" limit regardless. You could maybe do a trio of yellow ackies in a 48 " long by 32" high by 20" wide setup, which would allow for a nice deep substrate and some climbing area too.
    Last edited by Darkbird; 10-13-2014 at 04:19 PM.
    Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Never argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbird View Post
    Look at the way the post was worded everyone, I believe the OP means 20" front to back as they said they could make it as high or wide as needed. However ackies or other dwarf species are about the only choice available with a 20" limit regardless. You could maybe do a trio of yellow ackies in a 48 " long by 32" high by 20" wide setup, which would allow for a nice deep substrate and some climbing area too.
    Yeah that is indeed what i ment, i guess we name the things a bit different here in holland then you do in the US but i indeed ment 20 inch from front to back i can make it 5 feet long and about 3 feet high.
    But i am stuck to those 20 inches front to back as i have an sideboard on wich i want to place the terrarium.
    YouTube channel; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCue...yj1vBeeIUZVl2Q

Females;
    Normal 100% het. Hypo, Lesser Pastel, Super Fire, Leopard, Mojave, Pastel het. Piebald, Orange Ghost, Pastel 100% het. Clown, Normal (very clean and reduced patterned) 100% het. Clown, Enchi, Pinstripe, Black Pewter, Albino 100% het. Piebald, Normal 66% ph Hypo, Normal 66% ph Piebald

Males;
    Clown, Super Pastel Calico, HGWG, Pastel 100% het Piebald, Cardamon Fire 50% ph Hypo, Banana, GHI, Cinnamon 66%ph Pieb
    ald

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast